John McGinn

PompeyVillan

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your the one saying shaming i haven't??. I havent said that ive aaid take accountability and ownership by stepping up and improving.  Not being consistently shit like he has been

I did say shaming... poor word choice on my behalf tbh. On the accountability point, stepping up and improving is clearly what he should be doing, but he's out of form and playing poorly, if he could just flick a switch and be back in form then we wouldn't be complaining about him starting or even being the captain surely?

Feel sorry for him. He's awful atm.

The 27-year-old newly-appointed skipper had fewer touches than Emiliano Martínez (24 v 60), made just eight accurate passes, failed to win any of his duels (0/2) and lost possession of the ball every 2.4 touches, before finally being hooked by the manager in the 65th minute.

In fact, the side finally scored their equaliser less than ten minutes after McGinn was subbed off for Coutinho, proving that the tactical change was a success.

It will be disappointing for Gerrard considering the Villa boss made the decision to put his confidence and trust into the player to lead by example when he gave the captain’s armband to the midfielder at the beginning of this season, as McGinn was one of the worst performers in the team over the course of the game.

https://www.footballfancast.com/aston-villa-news/aston-villa-john-mcginn-steven-gerrard-premier-league-performance-opinion-review-avfc-mcfc

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, The Other Mat said:

I did say shaming... poor word choice on my behalf tbh. On the accountability point, stepping up and improving is clearly what he should be doing, but he's out of form and playing poorly, if he could just flick a switch and be back in form then we wouldn't be complaining about him starting or even being the captain surely?

Problem i have i its not just recently, he has been on a massive downward spiral for a long period now. He use to score goals for fun before, now he looks as much of a threat as noel edmonds would

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Problem i have i its not just recently, he has been on a massive downward spiral for a long period now. He use to score goals for fun before, now he looks as much of a threat as noel edmonds would

Agree completely but I had to change my like to the laugh because that random Noel Edmonds reference creased me 🤣

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He use to score goals for fun before, now he loHe's never got 

He's never scored more than three goals in the Premier League. Even in the Championship, he only managed 6 goals in 41 games. I think you're being nostalgic for a version of McGinn that just doesn't exist.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Risso said:

He's never scored more than three goals in the Premier League. Even in the Championship, he only managed 6 goals in 41 games. I think you're being nostalgic for a version of McGinn that just doesn't exist.

Wow is it really that bad? I thoyght he scored dohble thAt!

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

You say that, but Noel Edmonds did shoot Clive Anderson 

2 hours ago, sne said:

No he's just not a good footballer. Needs a rest. Needs taking out to the team. In bad form....

No this is standard McGinn he's not fooling anyone anymore with 5 minutes of shawbuckling tackles and forward passes.

He's not going enough and that's that.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow is it really that bad? I thoyght he scored dohble thAt!

He scores in a period which makes you think he score more. So he could score 2-3 and be a very good asset in the PL fantasy. That be kept in mind and we forget most of the season where he doesn’t score at all. 

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

No he's just not a good footballer. Needs a rest. Needs taking out to the team. In bad form....

No this is standard McGinn he's not fooling anyone anymore with 5 minutes of shawbuckling tackles and forward passes.

He's not going enough and that's that.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

18 hours ago, thunderball said:

I honestly can’t think of one notable performance since we got promoted, but he is maybe the energy you want to bring on with 15 minutes to go, as a squad player.

Arsenal away when we won 3 - 0. 

I'm sure there's more but such is the drop in form it's hard to remember. 

Maybe that missed easy chance against Ukraine done more harm than expected . Whatever the reason, it's a crying shame.

I see no reason to expect him to be anything but shit off the bench too. You need somebody with composure to see a game out, or pace and skill to try and win a game.

He's neither. Offers very little or nothing and I'd rather one of the kids were playing. We need to face facts: this guy is not good enough for this league.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mazrim said:

I see no reason to expect him to be anything but shit off the bench too. You need somebody with composure to see a game out, or pace and skill to try and win a game.

He's neither. Offers very little or nothing and I'd rather one of the kids were playing. We need to face facts: this guy is not good enough for this league.

Completely agree. We should have cashed in while we could.

Â