John McGinn

PompeyVillan

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What he didn't deserve was the continual 'get rid' bs that many have trotted out and were for some time..

I don't remember people saying get rid. 

Some people was suggesting he may only be good enough as a squad man. Obviously he is proving us wrong at the moment, and long may it continue. 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

He looks like he has been told to be more disciplined which allows him to concentrate his energy on the important things in the game

He is playing within himself . And this is turning him into a better player. 95 percent John McGinn doesnt let fly from everywhere. Instead he thinks first. Shorter passes rather than Hollywoods all of the time. Its not stopping his aggression. Just his decison making 

• Like 1

I'm really happy with McGinn's performances now, much more consistency.

Perhaps the change in philosophy has given him a little more control and definition this playing style; under Smith it was a little all over the place.

Based on current rumours Manure are interested again...?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm really happy with McGinn's performances now, much more consistency.

Perhaps the change in philosophy has given him a little more control and definition this playing style; under Smith it was a little all over the place.

Based on current rumours Manure are interested again...?

Hope they aren't as he seems to be great and consistent right now as you say. Anything under 40m and they can whistle. 

• Like 1

So I said Mcginn is overrated. I'm not saying Villa fans overrate him but the media pundits do. It's like now Jack has gone they have decided he is our new talisman. He's just not that guy imo.

Hard worker, tenacious, can finish, decent passer, and hard to dispossess. However on the flipside, he sometimes over plays it, sometimes his short passing let's him down, sometimes he is too ambitious in his passing, he sometimes neglects his defensive duties, and doesn't get his head up enough when dribbling. 

I like Mcginn but I don’t see him undroppable, or to build a team around. He certainly isn't a number 10 of any sort. He is a good box to box midfielder. Has a bit of everything, also has a few weaknesses. Only his determination and effort really stands out, and we love that effort and determination.

3 hours ago, Philosopher said:

So I said Mcginn is overrated. I'm not saying Villa fans overrate him but the media pundits do. It's like now Jack has gone they have decided he is our new talisman. He's just not that guy imo.

Hard worker, tenacious, can finish, decent passer, and hard to dispossess. However on the flipside, he sometimes over plays it, sometimes his short passing let's him down, sometimes he is too ambitious in his passing, he sometimes neglects his defensive duties, and doesn't get his head up enough when dribbling. 

I like Mcginn but I don’t see him undroppable, or to build a team around. He certainly isn't a number 10 of any sort. He is a good box to box midfielder. Has a bit of everything, also has a few weaknesses. Only his determination and effort really stands out, and we love that effort and determination.

Barring being rested, I'd be surprised if he doesn't play every PL minute he's available for.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Douglas Luiz was better than him today. Not a coincidence. I love McGinn, but he is overrated imo.

One of those is possibly overrated... And I don't think it's the Scottish one... 🤷🏾‍♂️

IMO.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

Â