Jump to content

John McGinn


PompeyVillan
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

Glad he mentioned this. The comments on him being overweight if he ever hit a bad run of form always annoyed me. 

Yep, same.  Absolutely **** ludicrous comments too - as if a professional footballer is still going to be playing at that level if he's "fat" and "unfit".  **** idiots.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

McGinn is good but he’s not Grealish good. He can have ambitions of playing in Europe but not sure he gets into a top team.

I think that's why he's so perfect for us.  He's good enough to play "in Europe" and we're pushing to be "in Europe".  It's unlikely we lose him to a truly top team and it's unlikely he'd kick up a fuss to move to a slightly better positioned team now such as, say, West Ham.

He could be at Villa for the rest of his career.  Personally, I'd love it if he was.  He seems like an absolute top bloke.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bobzy said:

 

He could be at Villa for the rest of his career.  Personally, I'd love it if he was.  He seems like an absolute top bloke.

And he would truly leave as a legend if he did. Great story about the floodlights and the number 7 shirt. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On his current form he's good enough to play for any team, he's playing as well now as he was at the start of the season in our first season back in the premier league, at that point he was arguably playing better than Grealish, it's less of a question of who he's good enough for and more a question of which other teams' style does he suit. Another question will be whether or not he can keep up this level of performance, also being good enough to play for the very top teams doesn't automatically mean they're going to want to buy  him, as there are other players good enough too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

McGinn is good but he’s not Grealish good. He can have ambitions of playing in Europe but not sure he gets into a top team.

I disagree. I think every team needs a Mcginn. He is very similar to Milner and as we know Jimmy got in 2 top 4 sides. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
39 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I disagree. I think every team needs a Mcginn. He is very similar to Milner and as we know Jimmy got in 2 top 4 sides. 

Nevermind top 4, 2 Premier League winning sides. I suspect he might be the only former Villa player who can say that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, useless said:

On his current form he's good enough to play for any team, he's playing as well now as he was at the start of the season in our first season back in the premier league, at that point he was arguably playing better than Grealish, it's less of a question of who he's good enough for and more a question of which other teams' style does he suit. Another question will be whether or not he can keep up this level of performance, also being good enough to play for the very top teams doesn't automatically mean they're going to want to buy  him, as there are other players good enough too.

I think grealish needed a bit of mcginn to be as good as he was, on and off the field. Not sure who's looking after him now

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.facebook.com/500950080018066/posts/4505387929574241/?sfnsn=scwspmo

Looks copied from a telegraph article. Good read

Quote

Aston Villa midfielder has gone from horror leg injury, club rejection and being told his bottom was too big to shining for club and country

Enjoyed the bit about his move to villa. Hate to remind everyone that was Bruce that did that 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

I think that's why he's so perfect for us.  He's good enough to play "in Europe" and we're pushing to be "in Europe".  It's unlikely we lose him to a truly top team and it's unlikely he'd kick up a fuss to move to a slightly better positioned team now such as, say, West Ham.

He could be at Villa for the rest of his career.  Personally, I'd love it if he was.  He seems like an absolute top bloke.

Wouldn’t blame him if he wanted to join Celtic when he was 35… Boyhood club swan song and all that

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yep, same.  Absolutely **** ludicrous comments too - as if a professional footballer is still going to be playing at that level if he's "fat" and "unfit".  **** idiots.

I think some players body shape gets them labelled as fat, Richard Dunne, Lampard, Luke Shaw

People complaining are usually not athletic specimens

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The following was from Jamaican-villan on the Burnley match thread 

Well... in one sense, it will give us more time to get more players closer to full fitness and injured players back?

Except Sanson of course, who will probably contract some sort of rare, Anus eating Amoeba.

🤣🤣🤣

All pray to the lord that super John doesn’t contract this 🙏🙏

he’s been different level since Stevie came in 💪

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
On 17/12/2021 at 23:50, tomav84 said:

https://www.facebook.com/500950080018066/posts/4505387929574241/?sfnsn=scwspmo

Looks copied from a telegraph article. Good read

Enjoyed the bit about his move to villa. Hate to remind everyone that was Bruce that did that 

Love it! The club putting the lights on and taking him to box No. 7, such a great touch.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/12/2021 at 17:49, HalfTimePost said:

I wish the interviewer dug a little into that 'European football next season' quote. Worried.

I imagine the interviewer said “do you want to play European football?” and he answered “I think I can do it at Villa” - doubt he just randomly dropped in that sentence as a non sequitur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

He signed after the new owners came in, its frankly insane that anyone still thinks Bruce had anything much to do at all with us signing McGinn

so bruce had nothing to do with any of the signings made that summer? like tammy, el ghazi and tuanzebe who were all around the same time?

presumably then all signings made since have been because of our owners and not bruce or deano then?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...
Â