John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Love him. Amazing character, superb footballer. I'm so glad we have him (and Mings to an extent) still around after Jack and Dean left, great to have that continuity through from the team that started this project. I hope he's with us right to the top.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

When he gives 100%, (which is rare until recently) he is a top top player.

He always tries hard, he just went badly off the boil after injury, being played out of position and losing his best mate. Like every player, he has experienced a dip in form and is now making all his doubters eat their words. Long may it continue.

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He always tries hard, he just went badly off the boil after injury, being played out of position and losing his best mate. Like every player, he has experienced a dip in form and is now making all his doubters eat their words. Long may it continue.

By “after injury”, I think it’s worth noting that he suffered with covid and there are various studies which suggest it can take the lungs months+ to repair. I do wonder…

10 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

"He's shite"

"Sell him for 20 mill in jan"

"Not premier league quality"

"Can't pass a ball"

"He's so inconsistent"

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

he has done brilliantly the last couple of games, possibly the new gaffer and new style helps him, but lets not change history.

He played like a low end PL player quite a few times over the last couple of years, he regularly had trouble passing the ball 5 yards, he has been inconsistent over the last 2 years.

Im as happy as any that he seems to have stepped it up and he seems to be loving how the team sets up now, long may it continue.

But dont pretend he hasnt been very up and down over the last 2 years.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I am 50 years of age and supported St.Mirren all my life. I have had 3 footballing heroes. Frank McAvennie, an absolute striking genius,  (where West Ham became my English team when he signed for them) Ian Ferguson (who almost single handedly won us the 1987 Scottish Cup with his performances before being sold to Rangers for just short of £1M) As I got older, never really had a hero until SJM broke into our first team as a teenager. Used to be the only player to test Scott Brown of Celtic and he was loved by us. Since he has continued his journey to Hibs and Villa, I have supported him all the way, helped by the fact that he is immense virtually every game with Scotland. I have become a massive Villa fan on the back of this, and despite being 50, he is the third footballing hero I have had. Everything, as a fan, you could want from a player. He will go through wee bad spells but gives everything for that jersey and that’s all I ask for. Sorry for rambling. 

Led Zeppelin GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ramble On brother.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jareth said:

Yeah well that’s like your opinion dude. 

He's 27. He's never been anywhere near a £100m player and certainly won't be as he gets older.

Great player when he's on it mind, and absolutely unreal today.

• Like 1

My concerns. We've seen it before. He's either 10 out of 10 which we've seen before this season and I've been ecstatic and full of praise for him or he's 2 out of 10.

I've never known a midfielder go from one game tackling scoring box to box to the next game having about 15 passes in 90 minutes and being absolutely invisible.

I hope it's the coaching and more sustained performances at a higher level become the norm but I have my doubts. 

Â