John McGinn

PompeyVillan

He started the season a man determined, he said he'd cut out the crap and was going for max fitness - it really is showing now. I thought he should have been made captain last time - surely he will be the next captain. I assume there is no release clause in his contract....

• Like 4

Just now, Jareth said:

He started the season a man determined, he said he'd cut out the crap and was going for max fitness - it really is showing now. I thought he should have been made captain last time - surely he will be the next captain. I assume there is no release clause in his contract....

He’s been superb, mate. Him, Cash and Nakamba have performed consistently well all season. 

• Like 2

I'd be interested to know if he's been told to play more attacking incisive passes, or if it's just  result of confidence. He slid more passes into their box behind the backline than I've seen him do in his whole time with us. Some real quality balls in there. Could have had a ridiculous amount of assists today.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah the Leicester guy he was tussling with basically just gave up trying to out muscle him and collapsed to the ground then he won the next tackle cleanly.

Did think he was going to get booked as you could clearly hear the whistle on the stream and he ran on and clattered into Schmeichel so that could've easily been classed as time wasting.

That's why for all his faults he's a fantastic player for the club anyway and we certainly don't want to be losing him so soon after you know who.

I think he was looking for the card Sergio Ramos style. a yellow to miss the Liverpool game then free for Christmas

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He definitely looks rejuvenated under Gerrard, it's great to see. 

He looks like he has been told to be more disciplined which allows him to concentrate his energy on the important things in the game

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd be interested to know if he's been told to play more attacking incisive passes, or if it's just  result of confidence. He slid more passes into their box behind the backline than I've seen him do in his whole time with us. Some real quality balls in there. Could have had a ridiculous amount of assists today.

Totally agree. They weren’t Hollywood balls either. Just 10-15 yard passes, slid through their defence that Watkins and others should have done better with. 

37 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He's going to be player of the season and all those writing him off will be noshing him off. 

He deserved his criticism and now he deserves his praise, it's pretty simple really. 

Â