John McGinn

PompeyVillan

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

he has done brilliantly the last couple of games, possibly the new gaffer and new style helps him, but lets not change history.

He played like a low end PL player quite a few times over the last couple of years, he regularly had trouble passing the ball 5 yards, he has been inconsistent over the last 2 years.

Im as happy as any that he seems to have stepped it up and he seems to be loving how the team sets up now, long may it continue.

But dont pretend he hasnt been very up and down over the last 2 years.

You sound it mate

29 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I thought it was Biggles

always remember when i was a kid at parties, there was this song that counted down from 10 or something, and at each number had a specific set of gestures.

One of the numbers was  this song (the chorus), and we all shouted "dam busters" and did the goggle hands while pretending to fly a plane....

ah the good ol days lol.

Timestamped for the specific bit of the song that was played.

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, GingerCollins29 said:

You sound it mate

i am, im ecstatic, jumping up and down, doing laps around the garden.....the missus might even get lucky for the first time in a decade.

im very....very excited.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

I think that not knowing whether he'll be first choice anymore has done him a world of good. With a new regime and a blank slate, he's had to step it up and he's really showed us the McGinn we knew and loved in the last couple of games. Long may it continue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think that not knowing whether he'll be first choice anymore has done him a world of good. With a new regime and a blank slate, he's had to step it up and he's really showed us the McGinn we knew and loved in the last couple of games. Long may it continue. 

I think that he is playing within himself which is actually how he can influence a game more. Bit like how Gerrard was changed by Benitez. He wants to rampage when the reality is he can leave us exposed like that. A 95 percent John McGinn avoids hollywood passes and retains possession.   I saw one stat that he didnt lose the ball once all game. Which is stunning 😍

2 hours ago, Villa87 said:

I fancy McGinn to run the show tonight. If he plays as we know he can (big if with his consistency) then we have a chance. 

Was thinking the same. He’s the one player we have that can really get the crowd and the other players going. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â