John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Brilliant meatball at his near best today, well done

Need's a player like Nakamba beside him to do more of the defensive duties. Shows how DMC is our key signing this summer 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Felt that he was meh at best. He had some real moments of quality including some good presses but was very poor when tracking his man. And was non-existent defensively for the vast majority of the game. Excluding 2 or 3 highlight presses. 

Lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Felt that he was meh at best. He had some real moments of quality including some good presses but was very poor when tracking his man. And was non-existent defensively for the vast majority of the game. Excluding 2 or 3 highlight presses. 

You are trolling

Jack’s movement at the 10 compared to what we’ve had the last months, it’s like watching an entirely different sport.  Takes all the pressure off our backline/McGinn/Nakamba due to his first touch.  They can pass the ball to him in positions that we just couldn’t do with Barkley/Ramsey.  It opens up everything and gives McGinn space to distribute via the long ball or dribble into space.

Edited by Paulie

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Grealish, McGinn, New DMC. It’s what I’ve wanted for a while.

Same.  And a new winger so that we've got Trez, Traoré, AEG and a.n.other to rotate between.

McGinn, Sanson and Luiz could all play alongside Grealish,  with a solid CDM behind them, but on this performance McGinn is just ahead in the pecking order. 

Back to his best today. Reminded me of how he played in the Championship; dominating the middle, driving forward. Was important for him to be played further up the field where he is undoubtedly better, and having Grealish helped lift his and everyone else’s performance. 

MOTM today. 

• Like 3

He was ace today and it were like he wanted to beat spurs, I want that Mcginn most games.

I think he's trying to show he's got it still as he's got some flack recently and rightly so, he needs to step it up massively and not none of this short term Mcginn but the real Mcginn we've seen today.

I'd still say look for someone better he needs someone to compete with for his position where he's got to look at this guy and say he's making me work hard because he's keeping me out the side.

• Like 1

I think I’ve probably been a little unfair on him with some criticism over the last season, when he’s predominantly been played as a holding CM. It’s quite clear that he’s very much better suited to playing the more advanced midfield role, and very capable in that position. So in hindsight, he has been taking one for the team, so to speak, by playing the more defensive role. The positive to take from this is that with the purchase of a good DM Villa should be able to look forward to a continuing exciting and winning team next season. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’ll be a big player for us next season. 

Absolutely and if we get one or two additions in during the summer to compliment him, then the few doubters he has will hopefully realise why Alex Ferguson wanted Man Utd to sign him a few seasons ago.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we have yet to see the best of Super John McGinn in the premier league.

• Like 1

Â