John McGinn

PompeyVillan

McGinn doesn't have to improve our results a great deal, if he helps get one more win than we otherwise might not have got without him then that could be enough to save us from relegation. If he'd had stayed fit he might have helped us to win one of the games that lost or drew and we wouldn't be in the relegation zone now.

Edited by useless

I can't see McGinn coming back into the team and having the same impact as grealish last season.

McGinn is not the finished article. His injury occured from him giving it away cheap and running around like a lunatic to get it back. It was like he was doing a gascoigne in the fa cup final.

He trys stuff and it doesn't always come off. Thats not a bad thing. I don't think McGinn comes back and we win 10 on the spin. Obviously he's better than Luiz Hourihane Nkamba and drinkwater.

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

I can't see McGinn coming back into the team and having the same impact as grealish last season.

McGinn is not the finished article. His injury occured from him giving it away cheap and running around like a lunatic to get it back. It was like he was doing a gascoigne in the fa cup final.

He trys stuff and it doesn't always come off. Thats not a bad thing. I don't think McGinn comes back and we win 10 on the spin. Obviously he's better than Luiz Hourihane Nkamba and drinkwater.

We don't need to win 10 on the spin.

We don't need the Grealish effect. 

We just need our midfield to get back to where it was before McGinn was injured i.e a midfield which is 3 or 4 places better off than the relegation zone. 

13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Is it these ones? I think he looks ok actually, and I don’t think he’s ‘overweight’ in my opinion. I think his T-shirt is just untucked so looks round...

He doesn’t look too overweight (compared to normal) in these so not sure if it was these pics. Will see tomorrow assuming he features. Am just glad he’s back to be honest. We’ve missed him massively. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

On the periphery throughout. 

Held his high position throughout which should give more space to the other two midfielders to get on the ball.

Get charged up for Newcastle John, that's the game.

15 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

On the periphery throughout. 

Held his high position throughout which should give more space to the other two midfielders to get on the ball.

Get charged up for Newcastle John, that's the game.

We did see our defenders with far less of the ball, which is a plus as I only see it as Mcginn playing the way he plays gives others room to breathe. Our midfield worked much better yesterday. Mcginn nearly won us a penalty his driving the ball is what we've missed because its that time he has on the ball that opposition do not see coming, have time themselves, nor do they have as much time to readjust after he's driven so deep into opposition.

Improved our midfield just by being there, which says a lot for him, if he can get back to full match fitness before the end of the season then we have a chance of staying up.

Although, I did wonder if he'd always had quite as fat an arse (fat in relative terms).

Wouldn't have started him today, don't think it's the best way to get him going. Rather give him 30 minute cameos as from what I'm seeing starting games is beyond him which isn't surprising as he's been out for six months.

51 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Really picked up where he left off. 

Not shown pl quality whatsoever.

Bit harsh. he was good in the first 10 or so games. Then we played him injured and he wasn't as good.

Really don't think he should be starting. In normal circumstances you'd ease him in for a few weeks with 20-30 minutes.

Â