John McGinn

PompeyVillan

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

Anyone else think he’s looked a fair bit overweight in the training? 

Yeah I said this. I get he’s been out for a while, but he seems the type that may not have followed diet fully (he’s admitted before he eats chips a lot). He’ll lose it quick enough when back playing regularly 

• Like 1

Getting McGinn back is one of the benefits we’ve had during this pandemic & the pause in the season. He’s a top player but on top of being a top player, he seems like he'd be a top character in the dressing room, can imagine him giving everyone a boost with his personality.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I haven’t seen any training pics, can you link them?

I’ll see if I can find them, it was a week or so ago and maybe on the official site’s Instagram story so may not be up anymore.

• Thanks 1

Having him back will improve our crossing into box as I can see him running into the left channel ahead of Jack to cross into the box and of course he can take SP and Corners 

Overweight?? I would need to detox at a health farm for 2yrs to be that overweight. Just a bad camera angle. Find out tomorrow evening.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From what Smith has said might have to be eased back into the team, doesn't sound like he's going to ready right away. Would be surprised if he started tomorrow, doesn't sound as though he will.

• Sad 1

A match fit McGinn as he was before his injury would make a difference to our results as is evidenced by the fact that we were doing better with him in the side, and he doesn't have to have a major impact on the results, if he can help turn a few draws into wins and losses into draws then that alone could make all the difference, if it wasn't for his injury that probably would have happened anyway and we wouldn't be in the relegation zone now.

But it all depends on how he is after his return, if he can't get back up to speed then he might not make any difference.But it all depends on how he is after his return, if he can't get back up to speed then he might not make any difference to our results at all, hopefully will be back to his best as soon as possible.

On 14/06/2020 at 22:17, mikeyp102 said:

he seems the type that may not have followed diet fully (he’s admitted before he eats chips a lot). 

A few of these too I'll warrant bearing in mind his heritage 

1200px-DeepFriedMarsBar.jpg

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Is it these ones? I think he looks ok actually, and I don’t think he’s ‘overweight’ in my opinion. I think his T-shirt is just untucked so looks round...

Look at him the lardy bloater

Judge Judy Reaction GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

This is very possible but I certainly think he will improve our team.

Impossible not to improve our team at this rate, we had dropped to our lowest point and Mcginn coming back will hopefully Rally a lot of players.

I'm afraid if John coming back can not Rally the lads into some sort of boost to find some sort of winning formula, I then feel we maybe lost to relegation. It certainly has looked like were a out of ideas and we desperately need some.

Mcginn, a boost, a win is what we need from the lads return and we need it so much. It is a shame that we can not redo our 25 squad and have Heaton and Wesley back as well, three players could of been coming back who are part of the first eleven end and should of no doubt give that morale and energy boost.

Â