John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Why are people so intent on selling our best players? We need to keep them at all costs despite which league we are in! If we go down I cannot see McGinn leaving. I think the same of all our players apart from Jack. Our owners are trying to build something. You don’t do that by constantly selling your best players.

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why are people so intent on selling our best players?

It's so they have a team to watch that will rip up the league once Tony Mowbray gets appointed perhaps...?

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 2

Really we only need to sell grealish. If we get 80m or close to. Then sell trez for 10m and el ghazi for 4-5m thats 95m alone. also try flog off samatta if his form stays the same.

A back four of mings engels targett konsa at rb is strong enough for championship. 

40 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Why are people so intent on selling our best players? We need to keep them at all costs despite which league we are in! If we go down I cannot see McGinn leaving. I think the same of all our players apart from Jack. Our owners are trying to build something. You don’t do that by constantly selling your best players.

I don't think McGinn is one of our best players tbf.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Really we only need to sell grealish. If we get 80m or close to. Then sell trez for 10m and el ghazi for 4-5m thats 95m alone. also try flog off samatta if his form stays the same.

A back four of mings engels targett konsa at rb is strong enough for championship. 

Why would we sell el ghazi for that little. Whilst he isn't consistent he has still produced 4 goals and Assists, and created a huge number of goal scoring opportunities that a better team would have finished. He is at least a 10-15 million pound player. 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

El Ghazi 4 million but Trez 10 🤔

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think McGinn is one of our best players tbf.

Really? I am really interested in that. I know his recent form has been poor but for the first 18 months of his time here he was exceptional. Why don’t you rate him?

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Really? I am really interested in that. I know his recent form has been poor but for the first 18 months of his time here he was exceptional. Why don’t you rate him?

I like the guy and he was incredible for us last season, but this season he's not shown that he's good enough for the prem. He hasn't had an impact on games through attacking contributions, and he's not working hard defensively either, which to me is usually the sign of a player who is a bit overwhelmed at the level he's found himself. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I like the guy and he was incredible for us last season, but this season he's not shown that he's good enough for the prem. He hasn't had an impact on games through attacking contributions, and he's not working hard defensively either, which to me is usually the sign of a player who is a bit overwhelmed at the level he's found himself. 

Interesting. I thought he was good to start with but his form has certainly dipped. It does happen though. I expect his form to go up again. He has shown he can do it before.

1 minute ago, M_Afro said:

Interesting. I thought he was good to start with but his form has certainly dipped. It does happen though. I expect his form to go up again. He has shown he can do it before.

I sincerely hope so. Part of what made him good was his engine and how much he'd harry the opposition, but he seems to have totally lost that for some reason and it's sad to see. We desperately need that kind of player in the side too. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Really we only need to sell grealish. If we get 80m or close to.

You would like to think that would build a solid Championship team ontop of what players we would be left with without having to use any TV revenue, Parachute Payments or other Club income funds?

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

No way on earth will we get 10m for trez 😂

I think mcginn , mings grealish and Luiz would all want to leave 

Edited by Eastie

28 minutes ago, Eastie said:

No way on earth will we get 10m for trez 😂

I think mcginn , mings grealish and Luiz would all want to leave 

Which means another rebuild of the spine of the team...and yet people think relegation won't be that bad ...

• Like 1

SJM time to drop the S I think. He was great last season his energy overpowered the championship. At the start of this season it seemed to be working, but premier league players have that same  energy and then more, he started to fade, then got injured. Without the injury he would have been found out earlier than now. He is a committed player but in the grand scale of premier league footballers limited, more than good enough for the championship but not for anything other than strugglers in the premier league. If we go down he would help us get back up, if we don’t he will not be good enough in the position he plays to improve us next season. I can’t see many premier league teams buying him as a starting player week in week out. 

Â