John McGinn

PompeyVillan

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Kane has been sluggish for a long time

Same as McGinn I reckon.

Was poor before his injury six months ago.

Has looked poor since football has come back.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Kane scored on Tuesday, he did not have a good game. He was absolutely terrible.

He was decent and took his goal well he was absolutely terrible against Man Utd 

On 24/06/2020 at 21:15, lapal_fan said:

He really must learn to play deeper.  A second striker (who often bursts past the striker) he ain't.

I want him taking responsibility and getting the ball and advancing with it, playing passes into strikers etc.

He's got a good shot at distance, make the most of it.

That goal he got against spurs seems to have completely changed the way he plays.

I understand he's just come back from an injury, but that doesn't explain his positional play.

Totally agree. He is being played far too far forward. When he receives ball, he always has man up his arse. That was never his game. He played quite deep, intercepting, disrupting then when opportunity arose, would burst forward, fire in shots or arrive into box late. For some reason, Smith playing him almost like the second striker. He is unrecognisable as the player he was. Obviously just coming back from lengthy lay off and he will need time but I noticed his lack of influence in games prior to his injury. Get him deeper now, facing the game and watch him go. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Totally agree. He is being played far too far forward. When he receives ball, he always has man up his arse. That was never his game. He played quite deep, intercepting, disrupting then when opportunity arose, would burst forward, fire in shots or arrive into box late. For some reason, Smith playing him almost like the second striker. He is unrecognisable as the player he was. Obviously just coming back from lengthy lay off and he will need time but I noticed his lack of influence in games prior to his injury. Get him deeper now, facing the game and watch him go. 

I just surprised how chunky he looks, does anybody know if he has put on weight or bulked up? 

• Like 1

Actively looks like he is running away from our players when we have the ball. Put about 2 stone on his arse and lower waist.

Sums up this club this season. It is too nice. Players getting praised for nothing and getting away with murder.

• Like 1

He needs a reset in the Championship. Injury hasn't done him any good but he was off the boil before that and well he's come back and looks pretty shit. 

I'm pretty confident we'll keep McGinn.

Out of position once again for their goal. Happened against Newcastle as well. If he was actually in position when we are defending. Our other players can bump across and actually defend instead they are scrambling to get across to the man that is free because mcginn is chasing the ball past the halfway line with no one else. 

15 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

He was supposed to be close to coming back before the season was stopped so why after 3 months extra break is he so far off the pace? 

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Looks very average at the moment. 

I think we may be asking alot of a player who has only played roughly 240 minutes of competitive football after such a lengthy lay off of the injury.

It will take a bit of time but it won't be long before we see the McGinn we all know and love back to his best.

• Like 1

I think unless Celtic come.calling we might keep.mcginn on his current form. In championship we know what a beast he is. 

Mcginns been out for 3 months and then the extra break its going to take time thats fior sure.

Celtic couldn't afford McGinn when he joined us, so doubt they will be able to afford him now. Just looked up the record fee paid by a Scottish team for a player and it's £12.5m, which Rangers paid for Tore Andre Flo twenty years ago now, Celtic's transfer record is the £9m that they paid for Édouard.

I really do hope that we can keep John, but I would be shocked if we don't get some cheeky bids from clubs offering to take him off our hands for around £20m-£30m. He's recognised as a top player in football and he's one we should look to build a team around when/if the now seemingly inevitable happens.   

3 minutes ago, John said:

I really do hope that we can keep John, but I would be shocked if we don't get some cheeky bids from clubs offering to take him off our hands for around £20m-£30m. He's recognised as a top player in football and he's one we should look to build a team around when/if the now seemingly inevitable happens.   

I think we would sell if a fee of over 20m came for him as i thjnk mcginn would ask to leave.

Sadly i think mcginn grealish and mings will go. Ill be honest mings im not that bothered about going. He is so inconsistent and clumsy at times. Mcginn and grealish i will be sad.

But we should no matter what keep luiz. Build a squad around him. He is a future star. He will be best cm in the championship. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I think we would sell if a fee of over 20m came for him as i thjnk mcginn would ask to leave.

Sadly i think mcginn grealish and mings will go. Ill be honest mings im not that bothered about going. He is so inconsistent and clumsy at times. Mcginn and grealish i will be sad.

But we should no matter what keep luiz. Build a squad around him. He is a future star. He will be best cm in the championship. 

Sadly, I suspect that all four wouldn't be in the Championship next season, assuming that we are.

We really shouldn't sell John for anywhere near £20m though and I don't think that our owners will. He's not far off Jack in terms of what he has contributed to the team since his arrival. He has the sort of ability and attitude that people like Strachan and Souness, have talked of in glowing terms. I would tell anyone offering £20m to double it, and then to do one. He's a throw back to the ideal midfield player of the 70s or 80s, at his best.  

• Like 1

Â