John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Seems a great character to have in and around the club as well as a great player on the pitch. As has been said, you’d be hard pressed to find a better £2m signing, absolute bargain.

Dare I say it too but he seems to love it here, then again all the players do.

• Like 2

He has Been generally very solid this season most weeks being 7/10 with his only 2 real bad performances being Leeds and southampton where we reverted back to playing him in a more advanced role which left us over matched and undermanned in the middle of the park although barkley is also responsible for that. 

Glad we didn't try and put mcginn in the number 10 role. I'm also to be honest I'm very glad that we have put more emphasis on mcginns defensive role this season as our link up play is so much better when he is deeper because for one thing it is liken playing with 11 players on the pitch as opposed to the 10 last season with some mcginn/wesley amalgamation. The other is his besy attributes are his long passing and his ability to beat his man on the turn neither of which are as effective in and around the box. I actually think he struggles to beat his man one on one if he isn't countering which forces them to press him so he can knock the ball past them and use his body to his advantage. 

• Like 2

Just based on stuff like this and things you hear others say about him, his value off the field is probably almost as high as his skills on it. How nice it is to have positive characters around the club and not complete and total wasters like we used to.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Perhaps going a little unnoticed but he really is vital to how we perform.  His engine is ridiculous and I just love a McGinn arse roll.

He's steadily getting better as the season goes on. That injury really done him in I think. If he can just add a few goals to his season now. You can see he's desperate to score one but isn't playing as high up the pitch this season. 

Â