Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Pulls would target him and you can be sure he’d miss most crosses - a truly pathetic signing from Bruce .

We will see peak Pulis/ Bruceball at the weekend. TP will know he is weak under crosses so will take every opportunity to test him. 

I'm all for getting him out of the firing line, but does anyone really think Bunn/ Moreria will do better? Another Bruce masterstroke letting Steer go out on loan. 

For me, the Jan window needs to be about two things. Getting a top keeper and a CB at the same level as Chester and Tuan. Burnley have too many keepers so maybe a loan deal for Heaton or Pope could be organised.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

We will see peak Pulis/ Bruceball at the weekend. TP will know he is weak under crosses so will take every opportunity to test him. 

I'm all for getting him out of the firing line, but does anyone really think Bunn/ Moreria will do better? Another Bruce masterstroke letting Steer go out on loan. 

For me, the Jan window needs to be about two things. Getting a top keeper and a CB at the same level as Chester and Tuan. Burnley have too many keepers so maybe a loan deal for Heaton or Pope could be organised.

Well we have options on loan which Smith has already spoke of - Steer and Elphick - both decent players at this level.

Also - We have Bunn, Morena and Sarkic  - Smith Doesn't have to play Nyland. 

24 minutes ago, villaglint said:

The only one I blame him for really is the 5th. The others were all decent finishes. That goal though is absolute basics for a keeper, you don’t eat beaten at your near post, ever. It’s another big error and it’s cost us points again.  

The 4th was the worst for me, the media are going on like it was a rocket with swerve.

I was right behind it when it was struck , it was hit with a bit of power but it was straight and he saw it from a good 15 yards.

His body position was set but then he seemed to give up on it,  fine if it was out of reach but it went straight through him.  

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well we have options on loan which Smith has already spoke of - Steer and Elphick - both decent players at this level.

Also - We have Bunn, Morena and Sarkic  - Smith Doesn't have to play Nyland. 

I’d bring back steer and elphick but as cover  rather than starters , I think we need a new keeper and central defender on top of having those back , in the meantime I guess bunn is the best of a poor bunch 

41 minutes ago, Nigel said:

The 4th was the worst for me, the media are going on like it was a rocket with swerve.

I was right behind it when it was struck , it was hit with a bit of power but it was straight and he saw it from a good 15 yards.

His body position was set but then he seemed to give up on it,  fine if it was out of reach but it went straight through him.  

Yes it wasn’t far from him when it went in and he never moved at all - it was not far from centre of goal although as bad as it was I think the 5th was worse - dreadful goalkeeper , can’t catch , can’t command the area and not stop shots -I’ve seen some bad ones in the 40 yrs I’ve watched villa but this guy is the worst 

Edited by Eastie

abysmal goalkeeping for the 4th and the 5th goal.

The 4th goal he should have stopped. The ball was shot very hard, but he had a clear view of the shot as there was nothing in the way blocking his view. Also it didn't even end up far away from him! I couldn't make out an awkward swerve spin on the ball either so it's beyond me how he did not even make contact on the ball.

The 5th goal was a routine save. Grabban was pushed out to a very limited angle and really only had one place to shoot the ball and somehow still makes it past Nyland. He should have blocked off that angle with ease and stopped that shot. I was utterly baffled how that went in. Couldn't believe my eyes.

I really hope we replace this fool, because the only thing I had going for him was that he is "a good shot stopper". He doesn't even seem to have that in his arsenal. Get rid!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Ive never seen a goalkeeper make error after error like this guy. It's literally every game. As Consistant as Man City. Yet he is getting the vote of confidence every time which says a lot about what we have in reserve.

Can only think he looks good in training as it’s hard to imagine how any keeper could have had a worse display than yesterday’s.

Â