Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

43 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The trees had 5 shots on target tonight and scored all 5 times. It was  bonkers match but basicaly all Nyland had to do was one save and we would have won. Every time he puts in a promising display, he then reverts back to being utter drivel.  Rinse and replace in January.

Good God! I didn’t think of it like that and now I’m even more mad!

• Haha 1

As a fellow countryman I've had a bit extra hope and faith in Nyland, thinking he might come good if he could settle in and find some confidence to command his box more and get those costly errors out of his system. At least he'd always be a good shot stopper. Yesterdays game was set up for him in second half, not a lot of crosses and a couple of very saveable shots to help the team turn around and win a crazy game. But he failed at what he should do best, and that lack of consistency is just not good enough. We need a new gk in jan, simple as that. Hopefully with as few points lost possible until then. Very disappointed with that last goal, you have to get that ball. Axel was always covering back post anyway, there was only one place for Grabban to shoot!   

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Every time he puts in a promising display, he then reverts back to being utter drivel.  Rinse and replace in January.

You are doing him an injustice here....this was a new level of utter drivel!

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The fans have had enough of him. He will get bombed out in janaury

Imagine him against boro hoofball.  God help us Saturday.  The guys garbage 

Pulls would target him and you can be sure he’d miss most crosses - a truly pathetic signing from Bruce .

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, trom_borg said:

As a fellow countryman I've had a bit extra hope and faith in Nyland, thinking he might come good if he could settle in and find some confidence to command his box more and get those costly errors out of his system. At least he'd always be a good shot stopper. Yesterdays game was set up for him in second half, not a lot of crosses and a couple of very saveable shots to help the team turn around and win a crazy game. But he failed at what he should do best, and that lack of consistency is just not good enough. We need a new gk in jan, simple as that. Hopefully with as few points lost possible until then. Very disappointed with that last goal, you have to get that ball. Axel was always covering back post anyway, there was only one place for Grabban to shoot!   

No doubt we will get a new keeper in January but no way can we proceed in December with nyland in goal - he simply cannot play again for us - the options are pretty poor but as bad as bunn is he is still an improvement on this hapless keeper 

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Pulls would target him and you can be sure he’d miss most crosses - a truly pathetic signing from Bruce .

That's why ideally we needed 3 points yesterday as we are likely to drop points in the next two as well.

The only one I blame him for really is the 5th. The others were all decent finishes. That goal though is absolute basics for a keeper, you don’t eat beaten at your near post, ever. It’s another big error and it’s cost us points again.  

Really hope all these points we’ve gifted away don’t cost us in the final reckoning. Difficult to imagine we’d be able to field the kind of firepower we have now next season if we don’t go up. 

6 games to go until Jan, I really hope the keeper deal is done so he can play against QPR on 1st. 

Â