Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

He did well. We still need better in Jan.

I don't care if he keeps a clean sheet every game this month, a barrage of calamities is always only moments away. If we want to go up, replacing this guy must be our top priority in the transfer window.

Just now, Eastie said:

Fair play to the lad tonight - I thought he was lucky to keep his place but he did well and made a great save onto the bar .

Bunn is not a keeper, and Moreira had a stinker in the cup. He's our best option as of now.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watched first half again and he badly flapped at one cross. Nearly cost us. He did well second half but he always has an error in him. He will have to do until January but then must be replaced.

Get a decent gk, left back and a decent cb and i can't see how anyone in this league is beating us

On 30/11/2018 at 11:45, villaglint said:

I’m going to say this. 

He will put in a match winning performance on Sat including a fantastic save and for the most part dominating from the hundreds of crosses Boro will throw into the box.

I think this because the world seems to have gone mad and I don’t understand it. 

Hhhmmm... yeah... something like that 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Watching some top flight goalkeeping today and starting to think maybe Nyland isnt so bad 😂

My exact thoughts. 2 big blunders from Leno and Pickford, 2 of the highest rated keepers around. 

Nyland goes from the sublime to ridiculous, like his save from Hugill yesterday was more difficult than the Grabban or Lolley one from in the week. 

5 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

My exact thoughts. 2 big blunders from Leno and Pickford, 2 of the highest rated keepers around. 

Nyland goes from the sublime to ridiculous, like his save from Hugill yesterday was more difficult than the Grabban or Lolley one from in the week. 

True. However, the Hugill save was pure reflexes. Whereas the Lolley and Grabban’s 2nd was decision making and positioning IMO. 

• Like 4

On 01/12/2018 at 20:35, Davkaus said:

He did well. We still need better in Jan.

I don't care if he keeps a clean sheet every game this month, a barrage of calamities is always only moments away. If we want to go up, replacing this guy must be our top priority in the transfer window.

I don't get the logic here - either he keeps a clean sheet every game this month which would make him the best keeper in the league in December or there's a barrage of calamities. You can't have one with the other. It's good that VillaTalk doesn't do our scouting and buying, because we'd have a team full of people who would get tossed out as soon as they made a mistake. Had Johnstone made the save Orjan made at 2-0 he'd be a hero on here, yet since people can't turn a page it's bound to be luck from Nyland. 

On 01/12/2018 at 18:30, jjaacckk91 said:

No but you can pin save percentage on mostly him.

Those stats largely ignore the defence because they focus on shots on target rather than all shots. And focus on percentages of shots on target rather than all shots. Unless we're leaving nyland with a higher percentage of 1 on 1's than every other team.

The same way from an attacking perspective they focus on finishing and chance quality rather than total goals scored.

This makes no sense. A keeper with a good defense ahead of him gets blocks, gets players pressuring shooters and gets a defense who pushes players to areas where they can't shoot. Our defense has let other teams into what's called the "high slot" in hockey in every single game. That is not Nyland's fault, it's purely the defense's fault. Rudolph is first on your list - do you still think that based off our game against them?

Come off it.

Ie: Grabban gets a shot off from 24 meters out against us because Tuanzebe pushed out and pressured the ball, the chance of the ball going in at this range is smaller.

Lolley walks right into the "golden" area around 18 meters out and fires home with no pressure. The chance of the ball going in at this range is bigger.

Proper defense has EVERYTHING to do with your shots saved %.

Edited by magnkarl

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Nyland goes from the sublime to ridiculous,

That's why we need to get rid. We need someone who is consistent and reliable.

Nyland will at the end of the day cost us too many points and we cannot afford that if our ambition is to go up.

Â