Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think you’re being too kind mate. He is out way out his league! If he opts to remain in England he’s standard is probably league one. 

He wont cut it in this league with any team. 

Theres a good reason he has spent the majority of his career in Norway. 

You're probably right. As a keeper myself I tend to cut other keepers more slack than they probably deserve, but he does do some things well, his distribution is really good, and some of his saves have been brilliant (and not the run of the mill saves you'd reasonably expect keepers at this level to make, but some real "can't believe he's saved that" saves) 

I agree he's not good enough for where we are or want to be but I do think he's capable for a lower Championship or higher league one team, he's also looked a bit better as he's settled in. He's cost us so many points this season though so I think he'll be one of the first out of the door if a half decent keeper becomes available, and it'll be no real loss when he does go 

16 hours ago, cb_82 said:

I can only see the last goal that was his fault, the first 3 were poor defending and the 4th moved like a beachball all over the place!

He was only at fault for the last goal. However that cost us 2 points.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

He was only at fault for the last goal. However that cost us 2 points.

I thought that but if you watch it back as Grabban has the shot he moves slightly over to gather it comfortably then it takes that nick off Tuanzebe which diverts it through a tiny gap and in, its actually a really unlucky goal to concede 

• Like 1

Copied post from my one in the promotion thread

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_other

(Will need to set filter for championship)

Was looking for some basic save percentages to see if an above post claiming just changing the keeper would not change the problem that we concede too many(and to see if I was just biased against Nyland)

Couple of interesting points on the stats,

we are high up(top5ish) for total shots on target and shots/goals ratio

We are low for %shots on target saved(bottom five)

There's also a stat there that combines the two. Which basically says if we have 100 shots on target and receive 100 shots on target how do we fare. Over 100% we score more than we concede. Below 100% we concede more than we score.

We are at 101% so even with all our attacking talent in the final 3rd Nyland alone almost wipes that out.

That is enough proof for me that it's not bias he's just not very good, and we need a change to get promoted come may.

Edited by jjaacckk91
Copy

56 minutes ago, weedman said:

I thought that but if you watch it back as Grabban has the shot he moves slightly over to gather it comfortably then it takes that nick off Tuanzebe which diverts it through a tiny gap and in, its actually a really unlucky goal to concede 

Goal Keepers Union standing by their man 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jjaacckk91 said:

Copied post from my one in the promotion thread

http://www.footstats.co.uk/index.cfm?task=league_other

(Will need to set filter for championship)

Was looking for some basic save percentages to see if an above post claiming just changing the keeper would not change the problem that we concede too many(and to see if I was just biased against Nyland)

Couple of interesting points on the stats,

we are high up(top5ish) for total shots on target and shots/goals ratio

We are low for %shots on target saved(bottom five)

There's also a stat there that combines the two. Which basically says if we have 100 shots on target and receive 100 shots on target how do we fare. Over 100% we score more than we concede. Below 100% we concede more than we score.

We are at 101% so even with all our attacking talent in the final 3rd Nyland alone almost wipes that out.

That is enough proof for me that it's not bias he's just not very good, and we need a change to get promoted come may.

What about the rest of the defence? You can't pin all goals conceded on the keeper. 

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What about the rest of the defence? You can't pin all goals conceded on the keeper. 

No but you can pin save percentage on mostly him.

Those stats largely ignore the defence because they focus on shots on target rather than all shots. And focus on percentages of shots on target rather than all shots. Unless we're leaving nyland with a higher percentage of 1 on 1's than every other team.

The same way from an attacking perspective they focus on finishing and chance quality rather than total goals scored.

Great save from Hugill, but plenty of fumbled crosses too.  He needs to work on coming and collecting the ball.  Bizarrely, he actually did this very well in the first half in among a whole load of players, but then fluffed up much easier claims later in the game.

• Like 1

Â