Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

The 4th was the worst for me, the media are going on like it was a rocket with swerve.

I was right behind it when it was struck , it was hit with a bit of power but it was straight and he saw it from a good 15 yards.

His body position was set but then he seemed to give up on it,  fine if it was out of reach but it went straight through him.  

1st Goal - could do nothing about

2nd - He went down a bit slowly (I was right behind it), he hadn't got his feet sorted out in preparation for the obvious shot.  But still it was 50/50 even for a good keeper.

3rd - He puts himself a bit into no mans land with both defenders closing in and didnt make himself big.  Pretty poor really.

4th - Just WTF he has a clear 20 yards to see the shot and it is close to him.  He just hadnt got himself sorted out when the shot was coming.

5th - A crime to get beaten at the near post like that even with the slight deflection.

Yes it doesnt help that the defence made so many mistakes but it is the same every other week, he doesnt read the game well, doesnt get his body position sorted quickly enough and doesnt have enough presence.  Yes he is a good reaction shot stopper at times but that is all.  I cant see all of the bad bits getting significantly better.

He cost us the win and we need a keeper in Jan.

• Like 1

Really irritates me how much stick he is getting. Nobody was having a go after Blues.

He had a mare, and has made mistakes before, but what is the point of making his confidence worse? For a few internet points it seems for a lot of fans on Twitter are willing to sacrifice that.

Stuff like this hinders us, and it's pathetic. Players use Twitter.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Really irritates me how much stick he is getting.

Why? He is shit. His performances are diabolical and he has directly cost us well into double figures of points this season. If he's so mentally weak that anonymous people criticizing him on the internet are affecting his performances then there's no hope for him. This forum, twitter, etc. are places where people discuss football and if you don't want people to criticise you then don't play shite. Too bad this clown isn't capable of that. He's not just an accident waiting to happen but more like several terrible accidents all unfolding slowly in front of your eyes one after the other.  

1 hour ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Really irritates me how much stick he is getting. Nobody was having a go after Blues.

He had a mare, and has made mistakes before, but what is the point of making his confidence worse? For a few internet points it seems for a lot of fans on Twitter are willing to sacrifice that.

The fact is that if we had any of the other clubs in the league's first choice goalkeeper we would of won the game.

They had 5 shots on goal and every single of them went in, that's shocking

Edited by villalad21

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Its ok gilbertoAVFC, dont worry. He would probably miss it anyway.

• Like 1

Its all down to his reflexes I guess. He was expecting the shot to go across the goal instead of the near post. He throws his left leg out but it is pretty much 0.5 seconds  to late and the rest is history. In the grand scheme of things half a second is a massive delay for a goalkeeper. Cat like he is not, its not his fault, its the speed between his brain and reflex muscles not working quick enough. Sadly it will never be there for him.....also see Lolleys goal he just didnt move.

Think the doctor hitting his knee with the hammer and his kick out would be well delayed.......sorry funny image in my head for him. 

Lack of confidence can cause delayed reactions, almost as if the mind is questioning your bodies movement before you do it.  His reactions have been more than quick enough in games where he's started off well.

Sadly I don't see him regaining that confidence any time soon.  Last night's game and the subsequent fallout will have a massive effect on him for weeks and any further mistakes will simply compound it.

He needs taking out of the firing line, no question.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eastie said:

No doubt we will get a new keeper in January but no way can we proceed in December with nyland in goal - he simply cannot play again for us - the options are pretty poor but as bad as bunn is he is still an improvement on this hapless keeper 

Hapless is accurate and is the kindest description he warrants. One could equally fairly tag him with many more scathing descriptions. He is to keepers what Sherwood is to managers. They are both living examples of something looking, walking and quacking like a duck but actually being as waterfowl as Bombay Duck.

Edited by privateer

56 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Need to give the Portuguese keeper a go. Can't be much worse, surely?

Has looked like a total clown in his appearances this season. Bunn in goal until Jan, Nyland to be transfer listed, Morieria (or however you spell it) to have his loan contract cancelled and new keeper to be signed please.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has looked like a total clown in his appearances next season. Bunn in goal until Jan, Nyland to be transfer listed, Morieria (or however you spell it) to have his loan contract cancelled and new keeper to be signed please.

Very much this. Bunn isn't going to win you games like a good keeper can, but he'll generally do the routine stuff. That's all we need if we keep scoring. 

4 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

A lot of the time I’d agree with you, but he is truly awful. I don’t think he can even get any worse. He just shouldn’t be playing and we should just get rid. Get Steer back and play him if at all possible. 

4 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Very much this. Bunn isn't going to win you games like a good keeper can, but he'll generally do the routine stuff. That's all we need if we keep scoring. 

Yep, we have to accept that right now we don't have a Schmeichel-like points/games winner to call on. We do have a points/games loser and that needs changing. If we can swap that out for a competent, unspectacular keep-the-against-tally-respectable guy until January then that's the play.

I've seen enough of Nyland this season to be beyond convincing that he is the best option we have. He just isn't. He can't be. :lol:

4 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Um, he got a fair bit of criticism even after blues game. Many people said that he was very nervous and didn’t catch anything especially first half. Most would say he improved second half, but still didn’t fill them with confidence. 

Social media is the way of the modern world, players get OTT praise, followed by OTT criticism. If the players aren’t strong even to take both then they shouldn’t be on social media.

Nyland has been poor for the majority of games, last night he was terrible.

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Need to give the Portuguese keeper a go. Can't be much worse, surely?

Honestly, his appearance early on in the cup - I thought he genuinely looked like someone who had never once played in goal before, I know he saved a penalty which was actually pivotal in the end but he frightened me from start to end, far more so than Nyland. 

I'd give Sarkic a go, but then I've never seen him so don't know if he's just as bad. 

Â