Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

5 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Like the fourth goal proved.

That's not fair! That ball started out towards the corner flag, hit the corner flag, rebounded back into the 18 yard box and was then caught ferociously on the volley by storm Diana. A million keepers wouldn't have stopped that one! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a good shot stopper though. 

Presume you're joking here. Cliche line about keepers that definitely isn't true in this case.

Him or Bunn...man I'm not sure. Bunn is terrible.

23 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Who would you have between Nyland, Gollini and Bunn?

Gollini, he is brilliant shot stopping but poor aerial and command in box.
Bunn good command in box but poor shot stopping,
Nyland - Neither he is "VERY-VERY" Poor in shot shopping and "ZERO" in aerial command | command in box.

so for me Gollini I would pick him week by week he will developed better.. 

I would give Sarkik or Moreria, even Bunn chance after today...

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
remove "Sh*t" change to poor
  • Like 1

I still can’t tell how far 4th goal was from him. 5th is a massive keeper blunder. 

As I mentioned on match thread. They had 5 shots on target all game so case of poor defending, poor keeper and clinical finishing. 

We tend to concede big chances every game. Was a matter of time someone buried them. Good job we so good going forward.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

LOL, ah that old chestnut. Glad that ridiculous comparison has now died off.

Couldn't agree more Dr_P! It's obvious that he was never going to be like De Gea who was one of the best young keepers at the time in world when he signed for United and even in the games shown potential even if it didn't go to plan in early games. Nyland was picked up as backup keeper at Ingolstadt 04. 

Crazy up until today some Villa fans over the net was saying "Give him a chance" and compared him to De Gea.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Every goalkeeper at this level is a good shot stopper. It’s a shite compliment. 

Goalkeeping in the 21st century is about so much more than that. 

Does it include producing the perfect hard boiled egg, in between saves from messrs Neymar and Messi on a makeshift stove?

• Like 1

Smith didn't blame him or mention nyland just "defensive mistakes" hopefully just a smokescreen until janaury because this oaf will be sold come January. 

Why with the little budget we had in the summer did we sign this clown and not try get him on loan? Terrible piece of business and shocking transfer form.bruce and the shit scouting team we had 

• Like 1

Â