Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

8 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

He's not good enough for Bournemouth, at best he should have had a decent career in Norway. I don't know what he did for Villa to sign him.

There was a brief period back in 2014 when he was being touted as an up-and-comer with Norwegian tabloids linking him to Prem clubs. Hasenhüttl took him to Ingolstadt for their maiden 1.Liga campaign, but he never really displaced the starting GKs ahead of him, the first time he got anything approaching a full campaign under his belt was after Ingolstadt got relegated back to 2.Liga and sold their then #1.  And then we bought him.  The real shitter is even if bargain-basement punts in the 2.Liga was the best we could muster at the time, there were better GKs to be had, someone like Stefan Ortega could have been a smart pick-up, maybe.  Ho-hum.

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

You mean the goalkeeper who had a 25 year career with over 100 international caps and the oldest ever player to play in the Euros?

It's understandable that Villa fans remember some pretty ropey performances for us, but you're right that the guy had a very good career all things considered.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Somehow made his way to Reading now 😂

He does seem to be carving out a nice career now as number 2 at random championship clubs, fairly sure I read he was at Norwich a while back.

Bunn is usually classed as the worst keeper we've had in last decade but tbh Nyland gave me even more jitters whenever the ball went near him and you could tell the defence had little confidence in him, remember that time he just threw the ball straight at a Wolves player in the box although he fired it miles over.

Randomly peaked for those two Leicester cup games though and made some incredible saves over both ties. Thought that may be the turning point but his performance straight after lockdown said it all.

4 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Thought that may be the turning point but his performance straight after lockdown said it all.

I don't know, he managed to save that effort that looked as though it was going well over the line ;)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
Â