Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

I for one will  be sad to see him go.

I think he tried his best and although was nervous alot of the time I think with this Villa side we have now he would settle much more.

I wish ørjan the very best of luck.

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Announcement Tweet from the club had his handle in, just take a look at the replies. Classless 🤦‍♂️

At least 99 percent of the comments on his Instagram Profile are positive from us.

Gave him a good luck message myself.

Some of our "fans" are embarassing.

It does seem the bottom dwellers are mostly on Twitter though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

To be fair, I tried to sell Nyland on FM and got no takers......an ignominious ending and I feel a little sorry for him, but not too much cos he’s loaded, younger than me with a far fitter missus and loads of his own hair left.

Who’s hair have you got?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

At least 99 percent of the comments on his Instagram Profile are positive from us.

Gave him a good luck message myself.

Some of our "fans" are embarassing.

It does seem the bottom dwellers are mostly on Twitter though.

#1 rule of Twitter is don't read the comments beneath the OP... 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

30 years old and played quite a few games last season doing quite well overall. Also has 28 full international caps. I am surprised there was no interest in him and we couldn't get any kind of fee for him and have had to go down this route. 

He is no loss to us though as he is behind Martinez, Heaton and Steer.

Probably watched him post lockdown.

Absolute shambolic goalkeeper. Ability wise up there with anyone we've had the past decade. Performance fluctuations from the best to the very very worst.

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Really? Steer is clearly back up and assume we want rid of Kalinic too

im not arguing that he's rubbish, im just saying i didnt expect to see a mutual termination.

There was rumoured Bundesliga interest a few weeks back so surprised none of them would stump up the small fee we'd want for him.

Never confident at all with him in goal but cheers for peaking in both legs v Leicester at least and getting us to a cup final.

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah. How long left on contract? Does that mean they paid him out?

was due to expire June 2021.

Says mutual termination, but not sure if that means a true mutual termination or whether we agreed an amount to pay him off?

Â