Ørjan Nyland

Jareth

Shame the club didn't mention any of his standout performances, including getting us to the final with his keeping vs Leicester, but clearly wasn't in the frame for much game time.  All the best Orjan

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Shame the club didn't mention any of his standout performances, including getting us to the final with his keeping vs Leicester, but clearly wasn't in the frame for much game time.  All the best Orjan

Yeah we lack a little class at times with this sort of thing in my opinion, just a little more care should be taken.

• Like 1

If the howlers hadn't been such a prominent part of his game he'd have been a really good keeper for us, as he's a good shot-stopper and had the better distribution of our 'keepers from last season IMO... though that's not saying much either. (Reina's was shocking for instance).

Ultimately he was just a shade off being a good enough deputy for Heaton, and now that we have Martínez - with the mighty Jed Steer also back fit - it's fair to say he's very surplus to requirements.

Will forever remember that Leicester cup performance with fondness.

Thanks for your efforts Orjan!

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Yeah we lack a little class at times with this sort of thing in my opinion, just a little more care should be taken.

It is strange because I'd say that our none Internet related actions are up there with the most respectable clubs going.  A long time ago now, but our Acorns sponsorship gave me great pride in the club I support. Maybe they don't see twitter as a place to be sentimental. 

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

It is strange because I'd say that our none Internet related actions are up there with the most respectable clubs going.  A long time ago now, but our Acorns sponsorship gave me great pride in the club I support. Maybe they don't see twitter as a place to be sentimental. 

It isn't Twitter its a link to the OS.

I've actually felt our online content is poor and lacking care and attention, the most obvious example being when we used a picture of Cleverley scoring against us to announce him signing. I've also a vague memory of us spelling someone's name wrong in their announcement but can't recall who...

• Like 3

Does that mean his termination would mean that he and the club came to a decision to pay him off a decent percentage of his remaining contract, I wonder??

So this is what were doing now to make room for more newer players is to get rid of some of those disappointing players the other day against Stoke, if so I'd say there are a fair few more in front of Nyland.

12 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It isn't Twitter its a link to the OS.

I've actually felt our online content is poor and lacking care and attention, the most obvious example being when we used a picture of Cleverley scoring against us to announce him signing. I've also a vague memory of us spelling someone's name wrong in their announcement but can't recall who...

Russ Borkley?

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Does that mean his termination would mean that he and the club came to a decision to pay him off a decent percentage of his remaining contract, I wonder??

So this is what were doing now to make room for more newer players is to get rid of some of those disappointing players the other day against Stoke, if so I'd say there are a fair few more in front of Nyland.

sure Nyland didnt even play vs Stoke :P 

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah. How long left on contract? Does that mean they paid him out?

Probably means he has found a club that can’t match his wages so we are giving him X% of his remaining salary as a pay-off to make up the difference. Assume the same with Jota and Alaves, hence not just doing a free transfer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The replies to the club with the lad copied in are &@£);;: embarrassing.

I doubt it's just our fanbase, but we did have a few who seem genuinely happy when a player fails with us

Â