Going Under ?

hippo

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's in Scotland, where there is only one other football team. 

Was going to say the same. Rising through the leagues would be a much tougher job in this country. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/inside-story-behind-aston-villa-12655774

Each month, money would arrive from China, into Villa's bank account to make good the shortfall in normal trading operations.

That has happened, without fail, for the past two years.

Only last month, it didn't. April's money was received. May's wasn't. There was no sign of it turning up. It still hasn't.

Incredibly, that is all it has taken to bring this great football club – this cornerstone of the English game - to its knees.

One missed monthly payment. It's a sizeable one. Aston Villa are running a £5-6m monthly deficit on their current outgoings

Wow......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

If there is one thing i might be a little be abit happy about, its we didn't go up. Can you imagine the huge debts xia and co would have racked up with that premier league money??

We might get out of this but if we had 100ms of million in debt we would be **** if we went straight down

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well it depends who is doing it. If it is the current group, they will be doing whats needed thanks to their **** ups, so they deserve it. If its a new group fixing the mess i'm sure fans will be understanding.

Either way i fully expect the usual crowd jumping on anyone who dares criticise the club. 

It doesn't depend on who is doing it Jonah. Whoever is in charge, no matter how much or little money or footballing nous they have, there will be a mix of bullshit and truthful articles from reporters across the country, and unfortunately some people love to jump on the negative ones, take it as gospel and stick the knife in. It'll happen no matter who the owner is. I can guarantee it. This is what modern football and social media has created. We life in an age where everything is accessible at the click of a button, so people have become embarrasingly impatient. Not a day has passed since the play-off final where people haven't called for a statement from the club, and yet yesterday is the only day when fans have actually been warranted to call for one.

Just now, gilbertoAVFC said:

We are fookin' f**ked.

Have we made any genuine effort to ship off Richards and McCormack? This should have been done quite some time ago.

Ship off Richards? Who is going to take a player who has played 3 games in 2 seasons, and is also on about £35k / week now?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

We are fookin' f**ked.

Have we made any genuine effort to ship off Richards and McCormack? This should have been done quite some time ago.

On his last showing, Richards is basically a League One defender. No-one is going to take on a player of his ability for the money he's on now (£40k p/w, at least) and he's not going to agree to just stop being paid by Villa.

McCormack could be sold, but because of FFP we're inexplicably better keeping him on the books and losing more money in wages than we would be to cut our losses and just sell him for a few million. FFP means that doing the latter would result in a bigger loss on our FFP accounts.

Edited by Rob182
Edit: I put Richards' wage at 50k, jacketspuds said 35k, so I've gone for 40k.

7 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

We are fookin' f**ked.

In what way would that even be possible? Not many clubs want to spend millions in wages on shite players.

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

On his last showing, Richards is basically a League One defender. No-one is going to take on a player of his ability for the money he's on now (£40k p/w, at least) and he's not going to agree to just stop being paid by Villa.

said this in another thread elsewhere, i went to preseason game vs kiddy harriers, spent the game stood next to 2 bristol scouts, my cousin who i was with kept trying to peak at their phones as they were messaging all game, there were more than a fair few about micah richards being fat and shit and them all having a good laugh about it

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Ship off Richards? Who is going to take a player who has played 3 games in 2 seasons, and is also on about £35k / week now?

I imagine he is on more than 35k a week since he was a Bosman

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I imagine he is on more than 35k a week since he was a Bosman

He had a relegation reduction clause AFAIK. it was £65K a week in the premier league.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

That Mirror article reads like it's come directly from Wyness.

A few weeks earlier, Wyness, along with director of football Steve Round, had delivered a presentation to Xia at Bodymoor Heath, outlining the two courses of action that would be taken once Villa had qualified for the end-of-season lottery English football calls the play-offs.

Xia received the news. Didn't blink. Didn't move a muscle. Did not utter one single word.

The three-minute silence was eventually broken by Rongtien He, Xia's eyes and ears at Villa Park.

assuming wyness, round, TX and RH were the only ones in the room, this was written by either round or wyness...or it's BS...either is possible considering the source

Â