Going Under ?

hippo

Just now, dounavilla said:

Either Stan is plain lying or he is being fed reliable info.

Could be Wyness himself for all we know?

If what he says is true , we are in a whole heap of crud. 

If crud could be bottled and sold, we could pay off our debts.

So I guess this also means we’re stuck with Bruce because really we can’t afford to sack him as he’s on a contract. 

So finacial Armageddon and route 1 football that failed this year it is. 

I lost sleep the year before we got relegated I would lie awake worrying about it. Then when we went down I wasn’t half as bothered it was inevitable early on, I accepted it. It’s only a game I’m not going to get upset over it, I’d like to be Aston Villa FC rather than AFC Aston Villa. That’s all really whatever league were in. 

I really don’t give a **** about gloating fans of other clubs either, this sort of shit I’ve never wished on anybody but it does strengthen teams eventually. Just look at Leicester hopefully we get a proper system in place eventually 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

stan is doing what he always does, pools together a lot of info from various sources such as other journalists who have a decent but not full understanding of events, no doubt rings a couple of people that he knows to check a couple of things out...then shouts from the rooftop that he's mr aston villa and he knows exactly whats going on

you will be able to count the number of people who actually know whats going on on one hand, and one of them is going to leak it to collymore knowing that he will broadcast it to anyone that will listen? 

the only person i can see doing that is wyness but after whats happened if it was wyness would you trust him not to be bitter and make it sound worse than it is?

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

So I guess this also means we’re stuck with Bruce because really we can’t afford to sack him as he’s on a contract.

I expect he might decide this isn't worth the hassle and just walk away. His stock in the game isn't bad, he'd be in the running for a job for a club that's not on the verge of being dissolved. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

I expect he might decide this isn't worth the hassle and just walk away. His stock in the game isn't bad, he'd be in the running for a job for a club that's not on the verge of being dissolved. 

He will leave with his head held high and credibility intact - he will have no problems getting another job .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Regardless of what Wyness has done, it's clear Xia has to go.

Well if he can't afford to pay the bills, which is what it looks like, he has no choice but to go. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

He's not lying. When I said it was bad I meant it.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-aston-villa-sell-land-14751409 

Exclusive: Aston Villa to sell land in latest cost-cutting measure

Aston Villa are considering selling a plot of land close to Villa Park to deal with their ongoing financial problems.

BirminghamLive understands that Brookvale - the staff parking site on the junction of Witton Road and Tame Road - will be put up for sale to raise funds for the struggling club.

The facility is in a desirable location close to the stadium and could raise around £4.5million if sold with planning permission.

Back in 2011 the site was approved for a housing project of up to 130 homes but was never sold.

And in 2016 the derelict buildings that stood on the site were demolished allowing the car park to function more efficiently.

It’s now understood that it will be sacrificed in the times ahead

He's gonna sell everything isn't he? We won't be worth jack shit by the time he's finished!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Regardless of what Wyness has done, it's clear Xia has to go.

Both will go - it’s who comes in that is the big question now - the club is on its knees and a long rebuild will be needed to recover from here 

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Worst case scenario we go into admin get purchased by a shark and start with -12 points.

Is that the only points penalty now ? I know Luton had 30 points deducted and others have had more than 12 in the past - have the rules changed? 

Â