Going Under ?

hippo

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

If it’s Freund or bust. I’ll take Freund. 

Seems to have legs judging by his social media habits. It’s just a shame a change of ownership will still leave us circling an FFP black hole. 

Hopefully Freund will appoint a more forward thinking modern CEO/DOF. Maybe we will finally get Klinsmann as manager ???

At this stage i think we could be lumbered with anyone.  Beggers cant be choosers i guess.  At least this guy has money and appears to know something about owning sports teams.  Give me him over a consortium made up of an unkown football agent and fitness guru |(whatever the hell that is)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just wind it up.  We've suffered enough.   I'd be quite excited about following a breakaway club up through the divisions.

Don't think my 5 year old son who is starting to get into football would be though.

11 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Im starting to think that playoff final loss will turn out to be the most significant loss in our clubs entire history.

I think it would have just kept the wolf from the door. We are probably being very poorly run - that would come home in one way or another whatever the division.

Spend the parachute money - grab the TV money - that was Xias plan.

• Like 2

Just now, Wainy316 said:

It'd save him a lot of football based despair though.

Yeah but that's the kind of stuff what gives you satisfaction supporting a team live Villa.  Maybe im just a masochist.   At least its a real club with real supporters. 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think it would have just kept the wolf from the door. We are probably being very poorly run - that would come home in one way or another whatever the division.

Spend the parachute money - grab the TV money - that was Xias plan.

Indeed, it would never have been a case of win the final, get the money and everything would have been rosey. We are run by morons, we would have continued to have been run by morons. I fully expect we would have signed Afobe on £100k

1 hour ago, Genie said:

£75m does seem a bargain even in tier 2 when you consider the potential and things like the stadium and training complex plus a handful of players who are worth a few quid.

Xia saw it as a bargain.

Reality is we have to grow a pair, win a couple of big pressure games and get promoted. Sadly as we showed last season despite winning 20 + games the club has been incapable of that for a long time now.

Let me get the doomsday scenario right :-

We dont reach agreement with HMRC by Friday = Administration  = points deduction by the EFL 

Plus we will get fined for FFP.

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

Let me get the doomsday scenario right :-

We dont reach agreement with HMRC by Friday = Administration  = points deduction by the EFL 

Plus we will get fined for FFP.

12 points for going into administration, which is a lot considering we will have sold a lot of our players come August. We was 25/1 to get relegated and now at 8/1

To to be brutally honest, I hope the club does get liquidated/dissolved/wound up and 100% mean that. I get no pleasure from following this team and havent for years and years. Every weekend I have to watch when I would love to be free of this pox in my life. The last 6-7 years have been unrelenting misery and I'm sick of it. If it was anything else in your life that caused this you would change/move/get rid of it. My reaction when I first heard about these rumours was "good, just put this club out of its misery once and for all". The relief of not having to support a team would be heaven and bliss, please let it happen.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

To to be brutally honest, I hope the club does get liquidated/dissolved/wound up and 100% mean that. I get no pleasure from following this team and havent for years and years. Every weekend I have to watch when I would love to be free of this pox in my life. The last 6-7 years have been unrelenting misery and I'm sick of it. If it was anything else in your life that caused this you would change/move/get rid of it. My reaction when I first heard about these rumours was "good, just put this club out of its misery once and for all". The relief of not having to support a team would be heaven and bliss, please let it happen.

Why don't you just stop watching rather than wishing the club stopped existing?

I got bored by Game of Thrones, but I don't want it taken off the air.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why don't you just stop watching rather than wishing the club stopped existing?

I got bored by Game of Thrones, but I don't want it taken off the air.

He doesnt want it taken off air, he wants the cast killed!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Come on now.. 

I can firmly understand the mindset of someone rationalising our relegation as a just cause to stabilise the ship, to make us better long term, but no one realistically wants Aston Villa gone, or realistically wants to head down to the local park to support FC Villa of Aston..

What would Aston Villa going away achieve? It's a very permanent solution to one that can be solved on your end by just limiting your support. You don't have to watch every weekend, there are millions of fans that just check the score every weekend and carry on with their lives which is perfectly fine. I really don't understand such a bitter response to this when YOU are the only reason that YOU watch every weekend..

Â