Going Under ?

hippo

so? villa will still be here, and matches will be played and witnessed whatever league we're in. It's something we have absolutely zip control over. Being annoyed and angry is one thing, but there's no need for melodrama. ( well it's football, so I suppose it's basically an essential requirement these days ). We may have a relatively 'shit' few years, but we can still look forward to players coming through the ranks and goals being scored at VP,  isn't that part of the old fashioned essence of supporting the club?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You've got to take the rough with the smooth. That's what it's all about, and that's why Leeds fans get bigged up. This club will never die with the support we have. 

It's just the rough with the rough in our case.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Exactly. It’s an opportunity to be great fans, not the end of civilisation as we know it.

Thars next week.

Yep, we get labelled fickle by other fans of other clubs, and apparantly we've mostly had it easy compared to our local rivals. History shows that when we have hit hard times, our fans usually stick by the club. Time to do it even more so now. 

• Like 1

Look, the way I see it, long term we'll be fine, whether we go down the immediate takeover route or go the way of Rangers.. In 10 years time we'll still have a Football Club, it's too big a club to just be left to die and no longer exist, look at Rangers. Yes, they messed up and had to start again, but they're back in the (relative) big time now, they've shown a big club like our can rise from the ashes, we can only take hope from that if the ultimate worse case scenario is realised. If we go down to League One or League Two we'll be a massive pull for the players down there, we won't stick around down there for long. The only thing that angers me is how the clubs future has been gambled with no real good times to show for it... Leeds got a Champions League semi final, we got, erm, a play off final. This is what irks me, the general mismanagement and the idea of "throw enough money at it, it'll fix itself" - doesn't work like that.

We'll be back, eventually.

Peace.

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I was just going to ask when the smooth was? 1994/1996 League Cup era?

There was a rough year in the middle of that!

Until Brian Little came we hadn't had two successive top 6 finishes since I think the 1920s.

Supporting Villa has always been a rollercoaster.

26 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As far fetched as this sounds I can actually understand where you are coming from. I wish I never started supporting Villa. 

Yep, he's taken some flak for the comment but it's not a million miles away from where I am at currently (I wouldn't take it as far as him though).Myself and a few pals (West Brom and Nosers included) have decided to go grass roots next season and bought season tickets for Halesowen Town! We are all that fudged off with our respective clubs. 

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Thats not such a good story is it. Villa loose play off final and are now on the edge of bankruptcy because of that loss is what they want the headline to say - and thats what the history will say.

Personally I think not winning the POF , just brought forward the shitstorm , but it was coming anyway .

I think it could be a blessing in disguise. Promotion would have meant we just kicked the can down the road before we wound up here again.

God knows what damage Wyness would have done in the top flight while lining his pockets. I can picture us years down the line in league one with a 50k seater state of the art stadium. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was just talking to my neighbor about this who’s a saddlers fan. Told him we might be playing them twice a season in a years time. 

That's a very optimistic position to take, given the current circumstances ;)

Just now, NIVillan said:

There was a rough year in the middle of that!

Until Brian Little came we hadn't had two successive top 6 finishes since I think the 1920s.

Supporting Villa has always been a rollercoaster.

Shittest ride I've ever been on mate.

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

Yep, he's taken some flak for the comment but it's not a million miles away from where I am at currently (I wouldn't take it as far as him though).Myself and a few pals (West Brom and Nosers included) have decided to go grass roots next season and bought season tickets for Halesowen Town! We are all that fudged off with our respective clubs. 

Good on you mate. 

1 minute ago, choffer said:

That's a very optimistic position to take, given the current circumstances ;)

Ha at least I had that position before all this news broke out. (See relegation thread). I’m done with trying to be positive when it comes to the Villa. Just ends with disappointment.

Expect the worse and try and enjoy it for what it is. That’s my philosophy now. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You've got to take the rough with the smooth. That's what it's all about, and that's why Leeds fans get bigged up. This club will never die with the support we have. 

exactly this

as much as i want villa to be successful i dont ever want us to be the type of arsenal / utd that i've met outside of wembley who didnt stay to see their team lift the cup because "they've seen it before" **** that 

the cyclical nature of football means that our day will come again 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

I love everyones spirit but these rallying cries aren't inspiring. They're cringeworthy. You can say "rough with the smooth" etc but dont give me the "we'll be back stronger" or any other such mawkish shite. Those mutants over in Coventry gave everyone that crap when they got relegated... 17 years ago.

Your view is that fans who accept the journey for what it is without disintegrating are “cringeworthy “ and “ mawkish.  “ ?

Im pretty sure if people with views like that decide to stop going they won’t be missed at all.

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

People know me on here and know that I would not lie. Ask people like @TrentVilla

Wasn’t suggesting you were lying, just making the typical vague type of ITK statement. You know the sort of thing - “obviously I can’t say too much /reveal my sources, but...”

You also informed us that things are bad.

We just missed a tax payment triggering the threat of a winding up order and our CEO was suspended.

I think we can work out that things are bad for ourselves.

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

Shittest ride I've ever been on mate.

Then get off.

I have taken less interest over the past few years but I still enjoy saying I am a Villa fan.  No one forces me to remain a Villa fan and other sports have me more interested at the moment, but for better or worse I will still be a Villan.  That isnt a rally call for anyone else do what makes you happy.

• Like 1

Â