Going Under ?

hippo

4 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I really think we're going to have a Rangers type outcome here. This is going to be gut-wrenching.

If we somehow come out of it losing VP then it will be my worst nightmare. :(

Christ, I knew it was bad but not that bad :(

We are going to end up signing Kenny **** Miller.

Kill me now.

Just kill me.

• Haha 1

It's depressing how quick this shit happens to Aston Villa. Earlier this year when news picked up on West Brom's financial issues I recall telling a fan on Facebook not to gloat too much; I think my words were something to the effect of, "don't laugh too much because Villa tend to fail bigger and better than any other team in football these days".. When I posted that there was part of it meant more as a joke, but here we are doing financial problems the Aston Villa way. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

It's depressing how quick this shit happens to Aston Villa. Earlier this year when news picked up on West Brom's financial issues I recall telling a fan on Facebook not to gloat too much; I think my words were something to the effect of, "don't laugh too much because Villa tend to fail bigger and better than any other team in football these days".. When I posted that there was part of it meant more as a joke, but here we are doing financial problems the Aston Villa way. 

I think this kind of situation will be happening at west brom too. their chief exec highlighted a lack of cash whilst still in the premier league!

don't expect them to be making too many signings this summer, only offloading whatever players they can get money...only Rondon and Rodriguez arguably.

Fosun are one of the companies that Chinese authorities have been looking into last year, along with Dalian Wanda amongst others. Let's see how many of these high value transfer rumours actually come to fruition!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

@PriceOfFootball makes for interesting reading:

Loan Notes are perfectly legitimate and a perfectly ordinary structure to utilise when buying a company. The issue might be the interest rate at which those Notes are accruing , however Xia - jut like Lerner did - can forgive loan notes. 

For context, the entity that owns Chelsea has £1.2B of Loan Notes payable to Abromovich.

Curious as to who those other Trade Creditors are, though. The footnote to this figure is not included in that image, but can't see it being for acquiring players on credit as that figure seems too high. It would also show up as interest charge, if we'd used Credit and can't see that either.

Would also add that Recon is a complicated series of companies and perfectly feasible that items from other companies are flowing through these accounts as well.

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't know the details of our finances specifically, but paying for players on installments is very common in football these days.

So buying players for £88m but only paying out £58m doesn't sound too out of place (in isolation)

Absolutely. However in our current context, where there's enormous liquidity issues, it certainly becomes a concern to say the least.

3 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Would you be happy if you came from Walsall? (Grovels in advance to anyone who comes from Walsall...)

I live within 5 miles of it.:D I have had happier times than I've had in the last few days I must admit.;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

I have had happier times than I've had in the last few days I must admit.;)

Me too.  All this talk of the possibility of liquidation.  Possibility?  I've eaten very healthily over the past few days and yet I've only had liquidation since hearing this news.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

Loan Notes are perfectly legitimate and a perfectly ordinary structure to utilise when buying a company. The issue might be the interest rate at which those Notes are accruing , however Xia - jut like Lerner did - can forgive loan notes. 

For context, the entity that owns Chelsea has £1.2B of Loan Notes payable to Abromovich.

Curious as to who those other Trade Creditors are, though. The footnote to this figure is not included in that image, but can't see it being for acquiring players on credit as that figure seems too high. It would also show up as interest charge, if we'd used Credit and can't see that either.

Would also add that Recon is a complicated series of companies and perfectly feasible that items from other companies are flowing through these accounts as well.

All speculation of course but that begins to sound distinctly dodgy if not possibly on the edge of what is allowed in EFL accounting.

If it happens, it happens. I quite like the idea of being a fan-owned club. How far we’d have to drop for that to happen I don’t know, but 10,000 people chucking in a grand is £10m - might be able to pick us up for that in a couple of years. We’ll never win the league again being fan-owned I’m sure, but it’s be an experience. 

Aston Villa will not be going into administration and are confident of solving their cash-flow crisis, sources have told BirminghamLive.

Owner Dr Tony Xia has today received positive news that a £2million loan has been approved so the outstanding tax bill will soon be cleared.

It’s understood that Xia is doing everything possible to keep hold of the club he purchased in 2016 having invested over £150m.

Several leading football finance experts have backed up claims from sources close to the club who are adamant Villa's current crisis will not see them file for administration.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-administration-tony-xia-14751662

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, blunther said:

If it happens, it happens. I quite like the idea of being a fan-owned club. How far we’d have to drop for that to happen I don’t know, but 10,000 people chucking in a grand is £10m - might be able to pick us up for that in a couple of years. We’ll never win the league again being fan-owned I’m sure, but it’s be an experience. 

If I scraped together a grand to chuck in, knowing that it would immediately disappear to pay Micah for a couple of hours of doing nothing would make me weep.  So no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, rubberman said:

If I scraped together a grand to chuck in, knowing that it would immediately disappear to pay Micah for a couple of hours of doing nothing would make me weep.  So no thanks.

Yeah I’m not talking this year though, but if we have the fire sale and end up with not much more than a ground and a few kids in the conference. 

If we keep the ground of course!

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm not a financial expert and don't have any knowledge of the way money works but my common sense is telling me that isn't loaning money to pay off a debt bad?

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I'm not a financial expert and don't have any knowledge of the way money works but common sense is telling me that isn't loaning money to pay off a debt bad?

Not generally a good idea and it will be at a punishing interest rate, but if Tony is confident he'll eventually get money out of China then at least it solves the immediate problem.  Who knows whats really going on though...

Â