Going Under ?

hippo

I know Collymore can be full of shit but his claiming 'one employee' (Wyness?) was trying to get into club administration in order for another consortium to buy back makes some sense.

Edited by MikeMcKenna

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Worst case scenario we go into admin get purchased by a shark and start with -12 points.

No, the worst case scenario is we do a Parma, cease to exist, re-form in the non-league and start again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

@PriceOfFootball makes for interesting reading:

I don't know the details of our finances specifically, but paying for players on installments is very common in football these days.

So buying players for £88m but only paying out £58m doesn't sound too out of place (in isolation)

• Like 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't know the details of our finances specifically, but paying for players on installments is very common in football these days.

So buying players for £88m but only paying out £58m doesn't sound too out of place (in isolation)

It doesn't sound out of place, but it does mean that we're in some serious trouble if we're struggling to come up with £4m for the taxman but will have other clubs knocking for another £30m at some point.

I wonder how much of that £30m is due this summer.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

True under the normal course of events.  But once events do take a turn, I suppose the outstanding bills become extra onerous.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Every club does it but then they have funds to pay the installments. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What a ****. 

How possible is liquidation here?

If the Mirror article has much truth to it, I think it's far more possible than we'd like.

What kind of idiot spends tens of millions on a company that's losing £48m a year?

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah doesn't seem to be out of the ordinary really. I think the fact that we have cashflow issues now in June 2018 and those figures are our creditors at the end of May 2017 also isn't helping any analysis to be honest.

To be honest, if what we're led to believe the figures now could be worse than those in the accounts.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I don't get why we're spending so much money. Our team is shit. 

The hilarious thing is our first 11 probably costs less than some of the expensive dross that hardly plays.

Â