Going Under ?

hippo

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think it could be a blessing in disguise. Promotion would have meant we just kicked the can down the road before we wound up here again.

God knows what damage Wyness would have done in the top flight while lining his pockets. I can picture us years down the line in league one with a 50k seater state of the art stadium. 

Yup.

We probably needed to be torn down all the way to the foundations to build the right way.

That also includes Villa fans accepting our reality.

To be honest, I think we will be ok as long as going forward we get the right team and a long term plan in place.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was just talking to my neighbor about this who’s a saddlers fan. Told him we might be playing them twice a season in a years time. 

Are they getting promoted then? ;) We have played them twice a season in the league before if we have to do it again so be it. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That also includes Villa fans accepting our reality.

Unfortunately, we know that wont be the case for many. I'm resigned to the fact that we're probably going to have to sell Grealish, Chester plus many of the fringe players to satisfy our FFP obligations. But you can guarantee that whoever is in charge will be getting both barrels from the usual crowd for doing what is needed.

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the cyclical nature of football means that our day will come again 

With the money in the game these days? Nah. Unless we get bought by a trillionaire in a few years, our best days are a long way behind us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Then get off.

I have taken less interest over the past few years but I still enjoy saying I am a Villa fan.  No one forces me to remain a Villa fan and other sports have me more interested at the moment, but for better or worse I will still be a Villan.  That isnt a rally call for anyone else do what makes you happy.

Been a Villa fan since the mid 70s, I was in Rotterdam with my Father and in the stands just after when Deadly sold the club from underneath us, and will love the club probably more than my wife and kids if truth be told until the day I die, but as is life, the ones you love are the ones that do your **** head in the most. 

I will never "get off" this rollercoaster because the pikeys running it have strapped me in to tightly.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John said:

Are they getting promoted then? ;) We have played them twice a season in the league before if we have to do it again so be it. 

I might start following them. My local team. Never ever been in the red financially in their history.  

12 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wasn’t suggesting you were lying, just making the typical vague type of ITK statement. You know the sort of thing - “obviously I can’t say too much /reveal my sources, but...”

You also informed us that things are bad.

We just missed a tax payment triggering the threat of a winding up order and our CEO was suspended.

I think we can work out that things are bad for ourselves.

I do get that but the information is very confidential. Tbh most of it is out there  now since I posted although some details are incorrect. The gist of it is we have been mismanaged, we have cashflow issues, Wyness tried to pull a fast one, we have gambled on being promoted and now need finance otherwise we will go into admin. Takeover is needed!

16 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

Then get off.

I have taken less interest over the past few years but I still enjoy saying I am a Villa fan.  No one forces me to remain a Villa fan and other sports have me more interested at the moment, but for better or worse I will still be a Villan.  That isnt a rally call for anyone else do what makes you happy.

You can’t just ‘get off’. Everyone knows that. 

Saying that I know a once hardcore season ticket holder than gave up on football and started following Rugby. 

6 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I do get that but the information is very confidential. Tbh most of it is out there  now since I posted although some details are incorrect. The gist of it is we have been mismanaged, we have cashflow issues, Wyness tried to pull a fast one, we have gambled on being promoted and now need finance otherwise we will go into admin. Takeover is needed!

Any clue on if a takeover is likely?

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I might start following them. My local team. Never ever been in the red financially in their history.  

I thought that they had been. The Saddlers fans I know are rarely happy and are well fed up with their owner. How about going to both next season?:D 

Just now, John said:

I thought that they had been. The Saddlers fans I know are rarely happy and are well fed up with their owner. How about going to both next season?:D 

Saddlers fans will never be happy because they will never take a chance and spend money. Happy plodding along in league one and selling the best players each year. 

I don’t think I could support them really. No love. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Unfortunately, we know that wont be the case for many. I'm resigned to the fact that we're probably going to have to sell Grealish, Chester plus many of the fringe players to satisfy our FFP obligations. But you can guarantee that whoever is in charge will be getting both barrels from the usual crowd for doing what is needed.

Trust me it hurts 

I'm not going to pretend to be enthralled by us losing our best players, especially Jack and the chance to build a legacy with one of our own. Smh

However unfortunately I'm now using to us missing all out best opportunities.

41 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Yep, he's taken some flak for the comment but it's not a million miles away from where I am at currently (I wouldn't take it as far as him though).Myself and a few pals (West Brom and Nosers included) have decided to go grass roots next season and bought season tickets for Halesowen Town! We are all that fudged off with our respective clubs. 

Halesowen aren’t exactly run well either

29 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Well it depends who is doing it. If it is the current group, they will be doing whats needed thanks to their **** ups, so they deserve it. If its a new group fixing the mess i'm sure fans will be understanding.

Either way i fully expect the usual crowd jumping on anyone who dares criticise the club. 

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

look at Rangers. Yes, they messed up and had to start again, but they're back in the (relative) big time now, they've shown a big club like our can rise from the ashes

That's in Scotland, where there is only one other football team. 

• Like 2

Probs mentioned it in the wrong thread as I wrote it in the Wyness thread, but what does administration do to our value? I'm guessing it goes down to a level where what we owe out gets covered and no profit on top right?

So we could be really bargain bucket material? Like £40-£50m? Surely at that level we'd get snapped up?

Problem is by whom of course but that's a different question.

47 minutes ago, John said:

Would you be happy if you came from Walsall? (Grovels in advance to anyone who comes from Walsall...)

Â