Going Under ?

hippo

12 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

To to be brutally honest, I hope the club does get liquidated/dissolved/wound up and 100% mean that. I get no pleasure from following this team and havent for years and years. Every weekend I have to watch when I would love to be free of this pox in my life. The last 6-7 years have been unrelenting misery and I'm sick of it. If it was anything else in your life that caused this you would change/move/get rid of it. My reaction when I first heard about these rumours was "good, just put this club out of its misery once and for all". The relief of not having to support a team would be heaven and bliss, please let it happen.

Not being funny mate but you cant be a villa fan then really can you coming out with that... i mean i would expect my 5 year old to come out with something like that. I too am fekked off with the last 5/6 years but i will never let that get in the way of the love of the club 

Most of us will still be supporting this club regardless of what happens. I know i will regardless of owners, division, players whatever. I support Villa as my local team, from the city i live in and was born in, nothing more nothing less. Im not just going to stop that because potentially we are in shiite street. If anything the club needs us fans more in times like this.

Not having a pop mate just think your comments about being happy about this news a bit silly tbh.

• Like 1

All jokes aside, obviously I'm not being serious. But I am just so sick of waking up to endless situations this clubs finds itself in. I can take being in the Championship, I took the playoff loss on the chin and if we dont get promoted for 10 years (or ever) then so be it. But this circus we have in the boardroom is a under-ending embarrassing joke. Every day there is a headlines and they seem to get progressively worse. We are a complete laughing stock both figuratively and literally at the moment. 

One thing I want to know...

The papers are selling this crisis as a result of not being promoted, but this is a short term cash flow problem not a wealth problem. If we had won the play off final last week we wouldn’t have anymore cash available to us right now would we? They don’t deliver the £100 million premier league  tv rights money via big novelty check after the game do they? Surely it is realised over the year you are in the premier league.

I suppose it would be easier to borrow funds against that future income but if we take Xia at face value (big ask I know!) then we are sorting out a loan this week to cover the tax bill anyway despite missing the big payday. So if we had won last week I imagine we would still be in this situation...it would have been easier to find buyer at least!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

To to be brutally honest, I hope the club does get liquidated/dissolved/wound up and 100% mean that. I get no pleasure from following this team and havent for years and years. Every weekend I have to watch when I would love to be free of this pox in my life. The last 6-7 years have been unrelenting misery and I'm sick of it. If it was anything else in your life that caused this you would change/move/get rid of it. My reaction when I first heard about these rumours was "good, just put this club out of its misery once and for all". The relief of not having to support a team would be heaven and bliss, please let it happen.

As far fetched as this sounds I can actually understand where you are coming from. I wish I never started supporting Villa. 

53 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Perspective.

Last season was good. 

A billion chickens have come home to roost in the last couple of weeks. If you're not enjoying going to the matches - don't go ...its only a pass time after all.

• Like 1

I’m not sure it’s going to be that bad after all - in all the mayhem of the last 18 hours it’s been overlooked that we’ve just announced the traditional pre season friendly with Walsall, and, as most will know, for years this has been a key component of boosting the finances of the Club..........

Admittedly, in previous years it was for THEIR club...............

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Perspective.

Last season was good. 

A billion chickens have come home to roost in the last couple of weeks. If you're not enjoying going to the matches - don't go ...its only a pass time after all.

Spot on. The whole point is however important it “is”, it isn’t.

Just now, terrytini said:

I’m not sure it’s going to be that bad after all - in all the mayhem of the last 18 hours it’s been overlooked that we’ve just announced the traditional pre season friendly with Walsall, and, as most will know, for years this has been a key component of boosting the finances of the Club..........

Admittedly, in previous years it was for THEIR club...............

Was just talking to my neighbor about this who’s a saddlers fan. Told him we might be playing them twice a season in a years time. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was just talking to my neighbor about this who’s a saddlers fan. Told him we might be playing them twice a season in a years time. 

Lol yes indeed. And it will be fun if that’s what it is....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

The papers are selling this crisis as a result of not being promoted, but this is a short term cash flow problem not a wealth problem. If we had won the play off final last week we wouldn’t have anymore cash available to us right now would we? They don’t deliver the £100 million premier league  tv rights money via big novelty check after the game do they? Surely it is realised over the year you are in the premier league.

I suppose it would be easier to borrow funds against that future income but if we take Xia at face value (big ask I know!) then we are sorting out a loan this week to cover the tax bill anyway despite missing the big payday. So if we had won last week I imagine we would still be in this situation...it would have been easier to find buyer at least!

Thats not such a good story is it. Villa loose play off final and are now on the edge of bankruptcy because of that loss is what they want the headline to say - and thats what the history will say.

Personally I think not winning the POF , just brought forward the shitstorm , but it was coming anyway .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I think promotion would have meant we could secure loans to pay off immediate bills etc. The difficulty with not having promotion is that we now cannot show we have a guaranteed income of £100+. In fact missing promotion means we have to try and asset strip in terms of selling players and we will not generate anywhere near the level of income we would have got in the premier league from tv rights.

The club is on the brink and our creditors are aware of this. They would have been more lenient knowing we had a shit load of revenue coming in.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Spend the parachute money - grab the TV money - that was Xias plan.

I'd love to know how you know this? Since you stated it as a fact, and since it's one heck of an accusation, I'm assuming you have something solid to back it up? 

33 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

We are a complete laughing stock both figuratively and literally at the moment. 

I’ve never understood why this should bother anyone ? What do you care what other fans, or the media,think of the Club ?

Also, surely you see that’s just part of the sport ......we laugh at Newcastle, Blues, scousers, whoever.....they laugh at each other, it all goes around. Man City were mocked by United for years, now vice versa.

1 minute ago, One For The Road said:

I'd love to know how you know this? Since you stated it as a fact, and since it's one heck of an accusation, I'm assuming you have something solid to back it up? 

There’s a decent joke in there somewhere about the state of the Club, and something Solid backing things up......but I can’t quite put it together....

Btw I agree it’s a big accusation, and I doubt he has any factual proof......just as we don’t have any to suggest Xia is wealthy.......but it’s certainly a distinct possibility ( as indeed is Xia genuinely being wealthy and being fully bona fide). Personally, I think @hippo is right, but nobody knows yet.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

You've got to take the rough with the smooth. That's what it's all about, and that's why Leeds fans get bigged up. This club will never die with the support we have. 

Exactly. It’s an opportunity to be great fans, not the end of civilisation as we know it.

Thars next week.

It does make me wonder that if things are that bad now, then if we had have gone up I suspect the extra money would have been flitted away anyway and we would have been just papering over the cracks to be honest. It could have ended up even worse!

It looks like things at the top at Villa were rotten anyway and not working, and all this has just highlighted the fact. Going up would have really changed nothing in my view, just put off the inevitable...

Del

I love everyones spirit but these rallying cries aren't inspiring. They're cringeworthy. You can say "rough with the smooth" etc but dont give me the "we'll be back stronger" or any other such mawkish shite. Those mutants over in Coventry gave everyone that crap when they got relegated... 17 years ago.

Â