8 Lady Luck
10 Bottomless Pit
14 Hygienist
15 Emporium
17 Anaemia
18 Unnerve
19 Petrol
22 As Was

I think at this juncture it's really important to be absolutely clear on this point. 

Nobody, absolutely nobody likes a smartass. 

• Haha 2

So sky are pushing the line we are paying the tax issue in installments...what the f! Maybe this is the way we have to do it to help FFP reasons, but surely tax issues are far and beyond anything else and have to be sorted before FFP.

Worrying if that is the case,  how are we going to pay players if we havent got the money to pay bills as/if not more important!!

Christ.... take me back to Saturday 26th May around 6am... things were good then!!! Obviously we are still waiting for cold hard facts, but its not looking good is it. Especially after @omariqy said he knows things aren't pretty!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

Companies pay taxes in installments all the time. This in itself is nothing to worry about.

They do, but it's interesting how the article is phrased as Villa "trying to find a solution" bu doing this.

Lazy journalism.

If it’s Freund or bust. I’ll take Freund. 

Seems to have legs judging by his social media habits. It’s just a shame a change of ownership will still leave us circling an FFP black hole. 

Hopefully Freund will appoint a more forward thinking modern CEO/DOF. Maybe we will finally get Klinsmann as manager ???

Edited by villan-scott

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So how can the wolves owners get money out of China but ours can’t?

Their owners have money all over, not just in China. They have hit on with their owners. They will be leaving us well behind im afraid. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

£75m does seem a bargain even in tier 2 when you consider the potential and things like the stadium and training complex plus a handful of players who are worth a few quid.

Edited by Genie

Does the US takeover actually have anything to it it is it just paper talk? The fact that it’s the times and not the sun or Daily Mail seems to give it more credibility to me. I think either way we need it I just don’t see things working out with Tony weather it’s due to not being able to get money out of China or not actually having any. What ever reason it is I just think we need to move on. 

Trying to keep positive about this debacle.....

So things are so bad that I might even get to play for the Villa in the new season. Mind you I am 60 this month so I will only be able to come on for the last 10 minutes of a game as an impact sub.....!

VTID

Del

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Does the US takeover actually have anything to it it is it just paper talk? The fact that it’s the times and not the sun or Daily Mail seems to give it more credibility to me. I think either way we need it I just don’t see things working out with Tony weather it’s due to not being able to get money out of China or not actually having any. What ever reason it is I just think we need to move on. 

I'm 99% sure we will be taken over sooner rather than later. I'd say Xia wants out asap. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm 99% sure we will be taken over sooner rather than later. I'd say Xia wants out asap. 

Within the next 3 days I would hope otherwise there’s a good chance we’ll be in administration after our tax bill deadline.

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

£75m does seem a bargain even in tier 2 when you consider the potential and things like the stadium and training complex plus a handful of players who are worth a few quid.

Really - I think leeds went for £30m - I am sure Dr Tony will sell if that offer is bona fide - but thats a big if.

Edited by hippo

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

No way. We have debt, no parachute payments, FFP issues and a depleted squad. We are worth under half of that figure. 

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

No way. We have debt, no parachute payments, FFP issues and a depleted squad. We are worth under half of that figure. 

so the story is probably BS then.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

so the story is probably BS then.

I am having an educated guess but I reckon Xia will sell but he probably wants what he purchased it for. No one will pay that so he may have leaked a story to try and get any bids at a higher price. 

Â