18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I watched the game, I don't agree that Derby were all over them for large periods. In fact, I don't think they did anything at all across the tie until the 45th minute of leg two, which was itself a horrible goal to concede from a Leeds perspective. Mounts goal was a decent bit of play, Cooper lost his mind giving such a soft penalty away, then Leeds woke tf back up and started to turn the screw... enter Berardi. 

Like I say I'm not trying to take anything away from Derby, it was a brilliant game of football and they exploited Leeds lack of discipline and were clinical. 5 shots on target over 2 legs. What I'm getting at is that they did nothing yesterday to fill me with dread, if anything the opposite. Because I know that if we are on our game and stay disciplined they are the perfect match for us. In a one off tie though they could definitely beat us, but that kinda goes without saying seeing as they have earned the right to be there. 

I agree. 3 of derby's 4 goals were the result of silly mistakes by leeds(gk error and dismissal). Had these not happened then Leeds would be in the final guaranteed. As long as we don't make stupid mistakes then I'm confident we will win. 

21 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I agree. 3 of derby's 4 goals were the result of silly mistakes by leeds(gk error and dismissal). Had these not happened then Leeds would be in the final guaranteed. As long as we don't make stupid mistakes then I'm confident we will win. 

You do know it’s us we’re talking about right? ;)

• Haha 4

Derby played well and abused Leeds' mistakes. All in all they had 4 shots on target all game and all 4 of those shots hit the back of the net. That doesn't happen very often in football...

edit: sorry it was 5 shots on target not 4. either way 80% hit rate is very uncommon.

Edited by osmark86
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Derby played well and abused Leeds' mistakes. All in all they had 4 shots on target all game and all 4 of those shots hit the back of the net. That doesn't happen very often in football...

edit: sorry it was 5 shots on target not 4. either way 80% hit rate is very uncommon.

Tell that to the Notts Forrest fans 😂

• Haha 1

Did anyone see Bamford go right off at a Derby player for feigning injury from one of his tackles. I mean he was right ticked off about it, I was just amazed he couldn't see the irony ...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
Double negative
  • Haha 4

Just thing about the irony on VT* about playing Derby in the POF

After the first legs

"Really hope Derby pull a surprise at Elland road - don't want leeds in the final they look a good team"

After the 2nd legs

"Don't underestimate Derby - they've just bean leeds at Elland road" 

It almost as though we wanted to play to losers of the other semi final - could they be a poor team as they lost !

* I know some VTER'S wanted leeds all  along. 

Edited by hippo
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Didn't anyone see Bamford go right off at a Derby player for feigning injury from one of his tackles. I mean he was right ticked off about it, I was just amazed he couldn't see the irony ...

Dyche wasn't far wrong about bamford.

28 minutes ago, Dick said:

What did Dyche say?

Something to the effect of that he had a privileged background and didn't have to work for anything. Didn't exactly bust a gut last night.

• Like 1

Without wanting to be overconfident, facing Derby in the play off final is pretty much like a bye through to the Premier League. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even bother to turn up for the match and take a statutory 0-3 loss rather than suffer the harsh footballing bummering that we will administer.

I say that with the greatest respect to Frank Lampard's Derby County, of course.

• Like 1

Everytime I've watched us play at Wembley we've been the underdogs so going this time as favourites feels strange. 

It's a one off game and anything can happen, but lets face it, of all the teams that were in the hunt for a playoff position most of us would have picked out Derby as the best outcome. 

9 minutes ago, poitier said:

Without wanting to be overconfident, facing Derby in the play off final is pretty much like a bye through to the Premier League. It wouldn't surprise me if they don't even bother to turn up for the match and take a statutory 0-3 loss rather than suffer the harsh footballing bummering that we will administer.

I say that with the greatest respect to Frank Lampard's Derby County, of course.

Dont tempt fate mate! I am nervous af!

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1