18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

22 hours ago, VillaBrum said:

I've come onto the Forum late and just realised that the stats have been done to death. I have to agree. The following statistics show just how negative WBA were. I know statistics are not the 'be all and end all' but these make interesting reading.

Over two playoff matches                                

Aston Villa           WBA

47   Total shots     15
14   Shots on target     5
16   Shots off target     8
17   Blocked shots     2
25   Corner kicks     8
13   Fouls     29
2   Yellow cards     9
0   Red cards     2
2   Goalkeeper saves     10

but there is another way of looking at those stats......why did we only get 2 goals?....with so much overwhelming domination.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Very nearly bankrupted yourselves to get promoted.

Seem to have gone all or nothing again.

Is it £3.7m you're paying Bielsa?

Any club that has John Terry can't take the moral high ground😂

You are universally known as dirty Leeds, one of the reasons you lost the 2nd leg.

And Dean Smith while i think he is a good manager has very selective views on fair play . . . . 

After his 2 game ban for cheating remind me how long into his comeback game it took Bamford to get booked for cheating. Was it 30mins?

Edited by av1

9 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Got a billionaire owner to rescue you.

You dont go up then you are totally screwed by the looks of it hence lucky barstewards.

And Dean Smith while i think he is a good manager has very selective views on fair play . . . . 

What exactly are you basing this on?

24 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Got a billionaire owner to rescue you.

You dont go up then you are totally screwed by the looks of it hence lucky barstewards.

screaming the help GIF

• Like 1

On 17/05/2019 at 07:27, Fairy In Boots said:

I think it will be 50/50 this idea that because we’ve beat them twice we’ll do it a third time is crap. I think it will be a single goal win 

We’ll either beat them or we won’t. A Useless prediction (c). 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hey Cjay, remember when everyone said you’d look great all year then fall short because of burnout and injuries....................

46 minutes ago, Cjay said:

In the unlikely imo event Derby beat you i shall take great pleasure in coming back to this 😆

@Cjay, if we do lose to Derby, would that mean the original statement about the Leeds burnout was incorrect?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, av1 said:

Is it £3.7m you're paying Bielsa?

You are universally known as dirty Leeds, one of the reasons you lost the 2nd leg.

After his 2 game ban for cheating remind me how long into his comeback game it took Bamford to get booked for cheating. Was it 30mins?

Whats Bielsa's wages got to do with it?🤔 

"Dirty Leeds" i wasnt even born when that became a thing. We lost the 2nd leg because we bottled it (nothing to do with dirty).

Bamford is soft as shite and has a reputation now same as Ollie Watkins at Brentford who Dean Smith never ever admitted was a cheating sod.

35 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What exactly are you basing this on?

Be honest,  if you dont go up are you not really worried about your ffp situation? 

I know what your owners have said but as we both know owners aren't always the most honest of people.

You were absolutely screwed before they arrived according to your accounts weren't you? How can that just disappear.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

@Cjay, if we do lose to Derby, would that mean the original statement about the Leeds burnout was incorrect?

Honestly i dont think we "burnt out".

I think we had to many injuries, not enough individual quality and to many mentally weak players.

I didnt expect playoffs as i said before.

I'm not going to say "we will win" as such jingoism is nauseating but I will say this.

We have absolutely no excuses and should win and win easily if we turn up. We are in form, have no major injury problems, have been scoring goals and defending well. The side we are up against are significantly less talented than we are. Obviously something unplanned can happen like a sending off etc but I fully expect and will be furious if we don't win. I won't be gutted, I'll be angry for not taking this golden opportunity and one that we have worked exceptionally hard to obtain.

However having said all that, our last 4 finals were these...

2000 FA Cup - Lost

2010 League Cup - Lost

2015 FA Cup - Lost

2018 Playoff final - Lost

We scored one goal in those 4 games too, a penalty. I know games from years ago have no bearing on this one but **** me we have failed so badly in these games in the past.

5 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Whats Bielsa's wages got to do with it?🤔 

Really?

7 minutes ago, Cjay said:

"Dirty Leeds" i wasnt even born when that became a thing. We lost the 2nd leg because we bottled it (nothing to do with dirty).

So missing your striker for the first leg (because he is a cheat) and getting a man sent off in the 2nd had no bearing on the fact you lost?

Be honest,  if you dont go up are you not really worried about your ffp situation? 

If i was you I'd be more worried about finding another £3.7 to keep Bielsa. Was it 14th you finished last season?

16 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

depends who it's against 😜

Given the things we know about JT and morals you would have to go some to be able to🤔

Do the KKK play football?😐

• Confused 1

I know what your owners have said but as we both know owners aren't always the most honest of people.

You were absolutely screwed before they arrived according to your accounts weren't you? How can that just disappear.

We was nearly **** and tbh I think most teams do live a hand to mouth existence and the hand is normally a rich or crooked one.

Good luck next season hope you can keep it all together, Leeds belong in the top division. But you have to admit the desire to win at all costs was a major factor in you not going up , the pressure on your players was immense, we could see when we played you and it was evident in the Derby game . 

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

Really?

So missing your striker for the first leg (because he is a cheat) and getting a man sent off in the 2nd had no bearing on the fact you lost?

If i was you I'd be more worried about finding another £3.7 to keep Bielsa. Was it 14th you finished last season?

We are miles clear of FFP if thats why you mention the wages, all indicators suggest between £20-30mil.

We won without Bamford first leg, missed chances to put the tie to bed but thats been a problem all season Bamford or not. A small part maybe regarding Berardi but we were mentally gone by this point anyways.

I am worried about Bielsa but id rather be us then you if you dont go up.

3 of your key players all loans will go, Grealish and  McGinn may go load of contracts up arent they.

You squad would need a total overhaul.

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

We was nearly **** and tbh I think most teams do live a hand to mouth existence and the hand is normally a rich or crooked one.

Good luck next season hope you can keep it all together, Leeds belong in the top division. But you have to admit the desire to win at all costs was a major factor in you not going up , the pressure on your players was immense, we could see when we played you and it was evident in the Derby game . 

Agree i think most teams do EFL teams especially, some push it to the brink as you did and Derby seemingly.

You'r right the pressure on the players is immense and imo they couldn't cope unfortunately, nothing to do with burnout just mental weakness.

Doubt I'll watch the playoff final but if you go up i will be interested seeing as im localish 😂