18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

We are confident because we have beaten them twice this season, however Leeds did the same and look what happened tonight.

Leeds have been on a bottling mission for a while to be fair, but yeah I agree. 

Sheesh, just got in and saw the score.

Pretty sure when I checked earlier Leeds were winning!

I always get a bad feeling against teams we have battered consecutively, as I always feel they are due a result against us.

Derby will be out for blood against us.

It was going to be a battle no matter which team it was anyway.

I almost wonder If I should feel sorry for Leeds, their season turned into an almighty bottle job.

They might have an underlying fear of us though, we need to hit them hard and early.

5 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think universally Villa fans wanted Derby rather than Leeds. I’ve seen quite a bit of Derby this year, and that is the best they have played - aggressive without going over the top, and courageous and confident on the ball. 

We are confident because we have beaten them twice this season, however Leeds did the same and look what happened tonight.

This is very much a 50/50 game for me. Both teams are capable of blitzing eachother.

Yet 1 of their goals was a gift from the Leeds goalie and 2 goals came after Leeds were down to 10 men.

Man for man we are a better side and shouldn't be scared. You don't put 7 goals past a team, without reply, if they are on the same level as you. Complacency will be the thing to worry about the most. 

• Like 4

“You lot may all be internationals, and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

That one's for you Brain, hope you had as much fun watching it as us Villa fans. 

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sheesh, just got in and saw the score.

Pretty sure when I checked earlier Leeds were winning!

I always get a bad feeling against teams we have battered consecutively, as I always feel they are due a result against us.

Derby will be out for blood against us.

It was going to be a battle no matter which team it was anyway.

I almost wonder If I should feel sorry for Leeds, their season turned into an almighty bottle job.

They might have an underlying fear of us though, we need to hit them hard and early.

Let Derby have the revenge factor and all that encompasses as much as they like. Couldn't care less if we've beaten them 10 times this season. It's all about what we do. If we are switched on mentally and our football is on point they'll find it very difficult to beat us.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Yet 1 of their goals was a gift from the Leeds goalie and 2 goals came after Leeds were down to 10 men.

Man for man we are a better side and shouldn't be scared. You don't put 7 goals past a team, without reply, if they are on the same level as you. Complacency will be the thing to worry about the most. 

No way we can get complacent here. Regardless of the fact we've done em twice. Hurt is a big factor too and can focus minds. We have that. They don't.

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

“You lot may all be internationals, and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Don Revie. But as far as I’m concerned, the first thing you can do for me is chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find. Because you’ve never won any of them fairly. You’ve done it all by cheating.”

That one's for you Brain, hope you had as much fun watching it as us Villa fans. 

Well Clough was a very clever manager!

• Haha 1

Can't sign up to any active Leeds forum, one won't even let you view without a password. Nonetheless - their delusion continues - 

I said I didn't want Derby as they'd get a lucky win, the media will turn Lampard into a managerial genius and he'd be all smug about it afterwards. Either way, one of him or Terry will be in tears and the loser will get a nine point deduction so happy days.

http://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=726631#p726631

26 minutes ago, jim said:

Those performances go out the window in a game like this 

Derby looked bloody good tonight and would have hammered the Villa team last night.

The Villa team from last night won't be playing in a local derby with 5 at the back from the opposition. 

• Like 2

I hate Derby.

Was looking forward to putting those cheating scumbags down in the final, now we have make do with beating the Frank Lampard circus.

Bit of an anticlimax really.

Oh well.

• Confused 3

54 minutes ago, jim said:

Derby looked bloody good tonight and would have hammered the Villa team last night.

Eeerr.. how is it even remotely comparable? If we played Derby today they would have given us space to attack into unlike WBA. Football isn't as black and white as you're making out with that statement.

• Like 3

It’s been a fantastic season for English football. Off the back of a World Cup semi final we have 4 clubs in European finals for the first time in history.

What a fitting year for one of English football leagues founding members to return to its rightful place in the best league in the world. 

We got this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1