18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Ffs the gods are favouring us arent they? 

Its not hyperbole to say that considering where we were in March, to be 90 minutes away from promotion must make this one of the most memorable Villa seasons of all-time IF it has a happy ending. 

• Like 3

Deffo prefer Derby over Leeds. I think it will be a better final as a spectacle now as well, should be good football from both sides if the occasion doesn't get too big for the players.

If Smith can get them to relax and express themselves then we should be able to give this a very good go, one off game so anything can happen but I think we might be favourites now.

• Like 2

Just now, R.Bear said:

Ffs the gods are favouring us arent they? 

Its not hyperbole to say that considering where we were in March, to be 90 minutes away from promotion must make this one of the most memorable Villa seasons of all-time IF it has a happy ending. 

I bloody love the Championship!  Best league in England!

9 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Ours to lose now, have to fancy us against Derby after the 2 performances this season against them

Those performances go out the window in a game like this 

Derby looked bloody good tonight and would have hammered the Villa team last night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Are Leeds gonna beat Derby for the fourth time this season?

Shit Dean Smith, who according to you should have been fired, has got further than your dream manager. That is all kinds of brilliant. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

RICHARD KEOGH .ASHLEY COLE.RICHARD KEOGH .ASHLEY COLE.RICHARD KEOGH .ASHLEY COLE.RICHARD KEOGH .ASHLEY COLE.

We will never get a chance like this.

Come on you Villa boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely spot on! Keogh is an absolute donkey and Cole should have retired to a beach apartment in the states. With Cole at right back, maybe Green or Adomah may finally beat a full back! 

Derby did well to beat Leeds but let's face it, Wigan and Ipswich have beaten them recently and without Kemar Roofe they are beatable. They're a bunch of cheats and I would have feared them more simply because of their physical attitude in games and their ability to cheat the refs. Derby will be a more traditional game and Villa should have less of a pace attack to go at us, a slower defence for us to go at and be more open. 

• Like 2

I think universally Villa fans wanted Derby rather than Leeds. I’ve seen quite a bit of Derby this year, and that is the best they have played - aggressive without going over the top, and courageous and confident on the ball. 

We are confident because we have beaten them twice this season, however Leeds did the same and look what happened tonight.

This is very much a 50/50 game for me. Both teams are capable of blitzing eachother.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Big fan of Derby after that, nice bunch of lads in interviews - the EXACT opposite of Leeds who thought they secured promotion two weeks into the season. Right I'm going to find a Leeds forum to offer them our 'experiences' of failure in play-offs from last season. The utter C****

I was going to do this for shits n giggles but their forum is too filthy, please screenshot n post

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

I think universally Villa fans wanted Derby rather than Leeds. I’ve seen quite a bit of Derby this year, and that is the best they have played - aggressive without going over the top, and courageous and confident on the ball. 

We are confident because we have beaten them twice this season, however Leeds did the same and look what happened tonight.

This is very much a 50/50 game for me. Both teams are capable of blitzing eachother.

I think our stumble against the Baggies and our failure in the Final last year will be a big enough wake up call for the team to not get complacent this time around.