18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

True enough. We all know there's a big job to do on WBA still. No guarantees Leeds get through either. They've choked at Elland Road more than once already.

53 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Just thought I'd also re-iterate that we're not in the finals yet. let's get there first.

This! Lets not get ahead of ourselves, we only have a 1 goal advantage which is nothing.  Lets smash these Baggies first and then deal with what faces us after tonights game

• Like 2

Leeds have the following players out tomorrow.  All normally start:
Roofe
Alioski
Douglas
Foreshaw
Jansson
Roberts

If we had the equivalent injuries I wouldn’t fancy our chances today. Derby are still in it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Roofe
Alioski
Douglas
Foreshaw
Jansson
Roberts

If we had the equivalent injuries I wouldn’t fancy our chances today. Derby are still in it. 

Jansson is back. 

Leeds had loads of injuries when they beat us and for good parts of the game dominated us at Villa Park as well.

Yes i fear them very much. Bielsa is a better coach than Smith in my opinion and that can and probably will make the difference if we get through to the final.

Edited by villalad21

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Roofe
Alioski
Douglas
Foreshaw
Jansson
Roberts

Hopefully our squad has gotten fit in perfect timing!

• Like 1

Couldn’t care less who we get in the final, as long as we get to the final. There’s work to do tonight for sure. If we get through without any suspensions or injuries, then I think we should all be thrilled.

If we do get through at least we can be sure that Smith will go all out to win the final unlike Steve “too scaredy-cat to lose” Bruce. The final will be anybody’s in my view no matter which teams qualify.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds had loads of injuries when they beat us and for good parts of the game dominated us at Villa Park as well.

Yes i fear them very much. Bielsa is a better coach than Smith in my opinion and that can and probably will make the difference if we get through to the final.

**** Leeds.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This lot better put on a performance at Wembley because they've barely turned up to the semi finals. Didn't deserve anything out of tonight. 

Time to put this right. 

Yeah i can't see us going up if we play that poor.

We were let off the hook bigtime.

I can imagine Bielsa loving all that footage including extra time it was basically attack verses defence.

Going to pick us apart tactically if we don't change it up.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This performance didn't fill me with confidence for us to beat Leeds.

I'm terrified

The performance tonight meant shit. We had one job, qualify and we did it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

The performance tonight meant shit. We had one job, qualify and we did it.

Yep, Leeds will rough us up in the same manner but won't sit as deep with as many bodies, we can stretch Leeds better than we could baggies 

Need a good ref, hopefully with the game 2 weeks ago the FA will see the need for a good ref too, I can see one of the big names getting it, maybe mike dean 

Edited by villa4europe

West Brom lived off our scraps all game and looked to punish mistakes that is all....a very poor team IMO.  We just lacked a quality final ball.  I think we will get one over on Leeds at Wembley.