18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Funnily enough if Bruce hadn't of signed Nyland, and had stuck with Steer, he may have stayed in the job. Nyland single-handedly cost us at least 5 points (being very generous here) with errors no professional should make.

So in a twisted way, I'm glad he is our 4th choice! 

2 hours ago, screwdriver said:

We need to send a message to who ever we are playing in the play off semi's by destroying norwich city tomorrow. There should be no mercy.

I dont want any typical slow temp passing around at the back end of season rubbish tomorrow I want the team to put their boots on and turn up.

Lansbury should start tomorrow I want an early reducer on pukki from him similar to Vinny jones in the 88 cup final.... to set the tone of the game. and I don't want to see any sportsmanship either. the games gone mad! I want drop balls contested and no kicking it out even for head injuries. I want to see an exhibition of steamrollering tomorrow.

I dont want any team coming to villa park and winning trophys..... that would simply turn my stomach!

You are Steve Bruce, I claim my £20 prize!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, PaddytheVillan said:

Funnily enough if Bruce hadn't of signed Nyland, and had stuck with Steer, he may have stayed in the job. Nyland single-handedly cost us at least 5 points (being very generous here) with errors no professional should make.

So in a twisted way, I'm glad he is our 4th choice! 

Nah he would have worked on another way to get sacked. Remember it wasnt just Nyland. We had one fit centre half playing on the right and Jack playing on the wing.

Agent Bruce 😎 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

Even many non-Villa fans think Villa are going to win the playoffs. I can’t help thinking it really won’t be that straight forward and I’m worried about us not performing to our abilities in one or both of the semifinals or, even worse, the final. I really, really hope I am wrong.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brommy said:

Even many non-Villa fans think Villa are going to win the playoffs. I can’t help thinking it really won’t be that straight forward and I’m worried about us not performing to our abilities in one or both of the semifinals or, even worse, the final. I really, really hope I am wrong.

Can't wait to unleash a rested McGinn on these playoffs. He was unplayable for 3/4 games after he took his last rest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Can't wait to unleash a rested McGinn on these playoffs. He was unplayable for 3/4 games after he took his last rest.

A fit and firing McGinn is a big part of why I think we have a chance this year. I do worry that olbeyun will be much more of a threat than boro were last year and if we make it to the final, anything can happen. I think I would take a coin toss right now which shows I think our chances are a bit less than 50 - 50. Gulp. I am surprised many believe our recent form almost guarantees we will go up.

Can somebody just please wake me up on Tuesday 30th May and confirm that we've done it? 

Hate the play-offs, trying to tell myself it's just a game and there is more to life than football, and yes I know there is, the older you get the more you realise this.

Buuuuuut... this ones different isn't it?! Boyhood Villa supporting captain and manager, Wembley heartbreak last year, financial issues start of season, club in turmoil ETC..

These play-offs are massive, so much more than "just a game" and if we dont prevail, I've changed my mind... wake me up in August! 

• Like 1

On 01/05/2019 at 02:07, bannedfromHandV said:

Just thought, we've been involved in 3 of the craziest things to have happened this season in the Championship.R

• The 5-5 draw with Forest
  • Grealish getting attacked by a coward
  • Goal-gate on Sunday

The only big talking point from this season that I think we weren't directly involved in was spy-gate (Derby / Leeds)

No idea of the relevance of it all but it's nice to be interesting again.

The handball goal by Rodriguez was a considerable talking point earlier in the season too!

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Good to get a loss under our belts...

I agree, it sort of takes the idea that it’s bound to happen sometime out of the equation. We can start our three game winning streak now 😎

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree, it sort of takes the idea that it’s bound to happen sometime out of the equation. We can start our three game winning streak now 😎

It does make me feel a little bit at ease but I've still invested in a vomit bucket for the playoffs. Good times ahead...