18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Well the post was quite clearly a joke.

So I was here to make a joke while passing the time on my way home from Hull.

Gave it a great go on a pretty thin budget to be fair. Do you think you guys will keep players like Lloyd Kelly ? Wouldn't mind seeing us come in for him ( providing he doesn't agree to join us and then scoot off down the motorway to join another team )

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Gave it a great go on a pretty thin budget to be fair. Do you think you guys will keep players like Lloyd Kelly ? Wouldn't mind seeing us come in for him ( providing he doesn't agree to join us and then scoot off down the motorway to join another team )

Noises suggesting we will spend a bit more this season coming.

Lloyd Kelly I think will stay at least 1 more season. Was his breakout year and not played in the position his long term future is seen as.

so 3 out of the 4 teams who will be going into the play off lost today.

The only team that won was the one still fighting for their play off spot.

No real surprise there tbh.

• Like 3

Guest av1

Baggies are garbage, Derby are garbage and Leeds have lost their marbles, like their Manager. 

We are going up. 

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I love this league. It’s so much better than the Prem. 

IF we do end up getting promoted, part of me will be a little bit sad. I only really want to go up so we keep Grealish for another year or 2

It would be nice to get back there and play some if the ‘big’ teams again, but unless the owners really go for it, I’m not sure being a mid-table prem team again really holds that much appeal anymore. 

Go up and we keep Grealish full stop if we invest and build a team around him.

• Like 2

Well it's a lottery now. Boggies will come to villa Park try get a positive result to take to the tesco bowl. We have to make them pay for what happened earlier in the season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well it's a lottery now. Boggies will come to villa Park try get a positive result to take to the tesco bowl. We have to make them pay for what happened earlier in the season. 

Yep, they robbed us blind this year. That will be fuel to the flames... Boggies are a fairly average team, BUT they have won a lot this year, need to be cautious but I think we can beat them in both legs. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Go up and we keep Grealish full stop if we invest and build a team around him.

Totally agree. Remains a big ‘IF’ for me though. My  fear is, we don’t progress at the pace he does. 

We go up and it’s pretty much guaranteed we get another season from him. If he has a good season and gets an England call-up, I think we’ll get another year on top. Beyond that depends on us challenging for Top 4/contending for honours and I don’t see us getting there that quickly, if at all. Hope I’m wrong. 

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yep, they robbed us blind this year. That will be fuel to the flames... Boggies are a fairly average team, BUT they have won a lot this year, need to be cautious but I think we can beat them in both legs. 

They are very good going forward but defensively they have. Looked very average. If our attacking players show what they are capable of then West brom will have a very tough afternoon. 

• Like 3

WBA looked jaded today. They did craft a couple of decent chances that could have turned the game the other way, but in general play they looked bang average and far from solid defensively. 

Part of me thinks we could absolutely smash them next week and take an unassailable lead into the 2nd leg. If we can get an early goal, I think we’ll score 4/5. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Absolutely. 10 game run means fook all in a cup semi 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wazzap24 said:

I love this league. It’s so much better than the Prem. 

IF we do end up getting promoted, part of me will be a little bit sad. I only really want to go up so we keep Grealish for another year or 2

It would be nice to get back there and play some if the ‘big’ teams again, but unless the owners really go for it, I’m not sure being a mid-table prem team again really holds that much appeal anymore. 

Positives:

• £££££
  • Decent streams
  • We have a better chance of keeping our decent players. Though, even when we were top 6, our best players got poached.
  • Shit club with no pedigree like Bournemouth and Burnley can stop taking the piss

Negatives: We're going to lose a lot more than we win :( 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@JamesBCFC is actually quite a pleasant opposition fan.

I assume he might be here NOW to distract himself from the pain?

That's also a job that I got some cider working on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2