18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Leeds losing to Ispwich was unexpected and is ominous for them, but in my opinion they still are our toughest test remaining..

WBA over two legs, home and away, just like the regular season dishes out. It'll be tough. We've taken away a deficit of two goals for our efforts thus far.

However, I have never been so eager to watch Villa play. There isn't a team in the country who I wouldn't want to see us have a pop at..

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@JamesBCFC is actually quite a pleasant opposition fan.

I assume he might be here NOW to distract himself from the pain?

If only he was one of them Leeds fans then we could hate him 😛 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If only he was one of them Leeds fans then we could hate him 😛 

He’s done his best with the BCFC thing, but the fact he can read and write separates him from the knuckle draggers up the road. Hope you get promoted next year James, after all that will be another promotion winning Villa fan.

• Like 1

My only issue with Brizzle City is their manager. Nonetheless, we have achieved nothing more ourselves this season, so I'll save any opinions on other teams (apart from Brizzle manager) until, and only until we win promotion. Then I'll be a complete word removed on ever other forum I can find.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Go up and we keep Grealish full stop if we invest and build a team around him.

If we could guarentee keeping Jack for one more year at this level I'd honestly rather stay down. With how we've played in last three months I reckon next year could finally be the one when it all clicks from the start and we have Wolves/Newcastle style 90 point total winning season which would be special.

Wouldn't say no to going up though but would need lots of work on improving first 11/squad.

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If we could guarentee keeping Jack for one more year at this level I'd honestly rather stay down. With how we've played in last three months I reckon next year could finally be the one when it all clicks from the start and we have Wolves/Newcastle style 90 point total winning season which would be special.

Wouldn't say no to going up though but would need lots of work on improving first 11/squad.

Big job on if we don't go up though too, only with FFP shackles on. IF we go up then I'd expect our new owners to spend accordingly. 

39 minutes ago, spiezels said:

We 100% won’t keep jack if we stay down. 

I prefer the championship, but for that reason alone, I want to go up. 

Not sure this is true, he's the captain, he loves Villa, everyone has thought he would be a goner more than once so far and he's still here. 

1 hour ago, Dick said:

Yeah James is alright, apart from the patronising and annoying posts in the match thread when we beat City, but he's forgiven.

Leeds fans can suck my username though.

Leeds fans are only posting on here when they are doing well, bunch of scumbags

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Big job on if we don't go up though too, only with FFP shackles on. IF we go up then I'd expect our new owners to spend accordingly. 

Not sure this is true, he's the captain, he loves Villa, everyone has thought he would be a goner more than once so far and he's still here. 

He’s gone mate. (Unless we go up)

Read his last interview, he basically tells them this is the last chance.

i don’t blame him at all. We were lucky to keep him this time. 

Edited by spiezels
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They are very good going forward but defensively they have. Looked very average. If our attacking players show what they are capable of then West brom will have a very tough afternoon. 

We should've scored  3 or 4 at Hawthorns.

Fair enough they won convincingly at VP but that was during our worst form of the season and even then it was 0-0 up to just before half time before that freak Robson Kanu header.

Key is midfield imo. Barry-Livermore and whoever else are slow to recover when they lose the ball so really McGinn and Jack should be lapping that up.

Can see them scoring but away goals don't count anymore so it's just a question of outscoring them if possible.

I'm actually glad we have the home leg first. No away goals, So lets just go out and beat them well and make it too difficult for them to turn it around in the return leg.

• Like 4

West Brom still doesn't have a settled starting eleven, we do.

Anything can happen in a single game, but over 2 games we should have the upper hand over them. It's Leeds that worries me not Baggies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Leeds won't get past Derby

I'm of that opinion. Derby are carrying some topspin right now and Leeds are becoming unglued. Best case is Leeds beat them in an even more foul and tempestuous second leg and we come up against team shredded by injuries and bans.

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Leeds losing to Ispwich was unexpected and is ominous for them, but in my opinion they still are our toughest test remaining..

WBA over two legs, home and away, just like the regular season dishes out. It'll be tough. We've taken away a deficit of two goals for our efforts thus far.

However, I have never been so eager to watch Villa play. There isn't a team in the country who I wouldn't want to see us have a pop at..

Agreed. I really hope Derby can put away Leeds. Leeds players maybe "meh" but Bielsa is the only manager in the playoffs who scares the crap out of me. 

Then again we havent beaten West Brom yet. They have some very very good players.

• Like 1