18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just hope we turn up for play offs. If we put all that run together and then whimper out without a fight it will be so frustrating. 

We do have previous with this. Playoff final against Fulham, Cup Finals against Arsenal and Chelsea. Hopefully, Dean Smith can cure that bad habit. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We do have previous with this. Playoff final against Fulham, Cup Finals against Arsenal and Chelsea. Hopefully, Dean Smith can cure that bad habit. 

Yeah last year at Fulham I think we could have won that had we taken the game to Fulham but Bruce was so negative even with ten men we showed very little as a attacking side. 

If we get to Wembley and last year's experience I hope to see drive us on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah last year at Fulham I think we could have won that had we taken the game to Fulham but Bruce was so negative even with ten men we showed very little as a attacking side. 

If we get to Wembley and last year's experience I hope to see drive us on.

It was really hard to not get up with that squad last season. Brucie boy managed to choke us into the minimum we could be.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It was really hard to not get up with that squad last season. 

I agree but I actually think we are stronger this year.

Midfield with McGinn in makes us much stronger in that area, Abraham is an upgrade on Grabban. The only area of the park we are possibly weaker is the back with Mings and Axel instead of Terry and Chester but I'd say that is a close run thing.

• Like 3