18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It would be really nice if over the course of the next (hopefully 5) matches every keeper we meet doesn't play the game of his career as most of the ones we have played against recently seem to have done. 

Goalkeepers have been playing out of their skins against us recently, but part of it is that our shots arent quite accurate enough, thus giving the goalkeepers a chance.

Al Ghazi a good example. Lots of well hit shots on target recently but not quite accurate enough to beat the keeper. Hourihane as well, so many point blank chances straight at the keeper last week. Davis another example.

32 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We have to go for 4th.

I would not start resting players now, no way.

We have to win the next game. Like it always should be. 4th 5th makes little difference really. We're playing West Brom.  We know that already. Doesn't make much difference whether they come to ours first or 2nd leg. No away goals anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We have to win the next game. Like it always should be. 4th 5th makes little difference really. We're playing West Brom.  We know that already. Doesn't make much difference whether they come to ours first or 2nd leg. No away goals anyway.

You wouldn't want to have to overturn a hypothetical first leg deficit away from home. Home 2nd leg is always preferable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I wonder if Bielsas high intensity and high pressing play style have worn the players out, that's what i hope for

That was mentioned at the start of the season, could the small squad of players keep that going for the long season. Tell you what, if there are signs of that, a packed Wembley Stadium on a sunny May day will not be the place to be if you're already feeling weary, especially when you're chasing around trying to get the ball off Jack Grealish!

Edited by villarocker

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

I would be tempted to rest jack because I'm  anxious that Bielsa will pull a John Kreese and get one of his boys to put grealish "out of commission" for the playoffs.

But at the same time I think it would be sad to end this amazing run by playing a weakened team. Glad I'm not the manager 

To be fair Bielsa is a real manager (albeit one I hope we beat) he wouldn't instruct a player to injure anyone. He isnt a scumbag like Warnock or Monk.

But I do agree, no need to risk accidental injury to Grealish. I would rest McGinn as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I think its a big advantage to play the away leg first.

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

To be fair Bielsa is a real manager (albeit one I hope we beat) he wouldn't instruct a player to injure anyone. He isnt a scumbag like Warnock or Monk.

But I do agree, no need to risk accidental injury to Grealish. I would rest McGinn as well. 

If think we should go.all out for the win. Not only to hopefully finish 4th ,but the psychological blow it would serve on.Leeds as they could very well be them we face in the final should we reach there.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Lucky for West brom they have lame Rotherham next week. Easy three points. We won't beat Leeds at Elland Road sadly so I think we have to settle for 5th

Why won’t we beat them? We’re so confident right now. They never faced Jack before. They are there for the taking

5 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Ifs and Buts (updated)

We've done it!!!

West Brom to beat Reading - Draw ✅

Boro to draw to Forest - Boro Lose ✅

Bristol to lose to Sheff W - Bristol Lose ✅

Derby to beat QPR - Derby Win ❎

Villa to beat Millwall - Villa Win ✅

4 - West Brom - 77 points

5 - Villa - 75 points

6 - Derby - 67 points

7 - Boro - 67 point

8 - Bristol - 66 points

Games in hand - Derby x 1 & Bristol x 1

I think you need to be granted eternal life and make it your only purpose in life to keep this game by game predictor thingy going. Few years from now we'll be Champions League winners :D

Edited by villarocker
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Yet he’s perfectly happy to send someone out to film the opposition training. If they can get away with kicking Jack to stop him, it will be used as a tactic. 

• Haha 1