18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

If we get 4th the only bonus is we play second leg at home right?

We could still decide automatics and the title with our last two games, if the blades win the next two and so do we it'll be then champions and norwich second. Would be massive if Derby or Bristol City could do us a favour and beat Leeds, we'd have to be favourites for the final then if we get past the baggies.

The impossible is starting to look possible again. Smith has worked absolute miracles.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

2-0 to Brentford now 🙂

If they lose today then Norwich are technically up on GD and the last automatic spot could already be gone by the time we play them on Sunday. Shame that is!.. Nooooooooooooottttttttt 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Other teams have done fifteen consecutive wins, haven't they? 

So can we. 

Pep hit 18 at Man City I believe. But he is the outlier. Villa's recent form has been truly stunning. I am just enjoying it. If we rest players and lose the next I am fine with that. Job done. The remaining league games dont matter. Now its all about managing players for the playoffs.

But if Smith can do that while still winning then hey, I will take it :)

• Like 1

Leeds are 6 behind Norwich and 3 behind Sheffield United, and both have a much better goal difference (10 and 11 respectively).

Baring a miracle top 2 is already over for Leeds, and United play Ipswich at home next week. 

They will know their fate before we play them on Sunday.