18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

42 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We have 3 cb's and 2 strikers at the moment. We don't have enough depth in our squad to push for automatic promotion.

I think we will finish 7th

You're not considering Davis who played his part last season, RHM who could also play his part this season.

I understand that we need to have players who could cover. But sometimes some of the young players could shine that way. Last season we only had 3 CB's also. We also had one striker only when Hogan and Kodjia were injured.

Anyway, I think we need to have a striker who would improve us with quality, we're fine in term of squad depth but we lack quality in areas.

We need a quality striker, winger, LB and wouldnt mind a CB.

I suppose this goes here, but for the first time in a couple of years I mistakenly paid some attention to the Premier League football this weekend. What a bunch of insufferable arses's most prem clubs and fans are. 

Dont get me wrong we need to be in the top flight in the country and I want us to go up, I think we will too, but I am going to enjoy this season while we are among (West Brom aside) generally likeable clubs and fans for another season.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We have 3 cb's and 2 strikers at the moment. We don't have enough depth in our squad to push for automatic promotion.

I think we will finish 7th

My feeling is that if we are top 6 or 8 come Jan, we will add to the team a lot more 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

We will bring in 3 or 4 loans in the next couple of weeks and I''d expect that will fill the gaps at centre back, left back and up top.

Come the end of August I expect the squad will be well set in terms of depth and hopefully having played 5 games by then we will have 11-15 points and have put down a decent foundation to build on.

I think we'll be well in the mix for promotion again.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

It seems to me we can score goals which is great to see but defensively we look all over the place this year. We need another cb in my opinion. 

As for rivals stoke Swansea forest boro derby and of cohrsw leeds.

Leeds look good but if results dont go his way biesla will start falling out with players. It will also be difficult to play like that all season. When they start playing 2 games a week injuries kick and tiredness. Remains to be seen if there is a plan b with him

while i'm thinking that Swansea will be up in the mix by the end of the season, their squad depth is ridiculously short. Apparently have only 1 senior center half

Lot of talk now about us for promotion.

Very premature.

But the way we took 2 of the pre season favourites apart was very impressive at any stage of the season, both could have been 6 instead of 3 and 4. 

Goals we conceded were poor, penalty shouldn't have been allowed to happen and free kicks shouldn't sail over a goalies head when he doesnt have to move.

Still the same team minus Douglas from last season, got Bamford, Harrison, Baker, Jansson who havent had a start.

Meant to be looking at 2 loans, Tomas Kalas and Mo Besic been mentioned.

Concerned about the "Bielsa burnout" but people said the same about Cardiff and Wolves "it wont last" .

But of luck like wolves had last season, not losing key players for long like Coady, Neves, Jota, Boly, Douglas, Doherty if we dont lose Klich, Saiz, Jansson, Alioski, Douglas, Ayling etc then who knows.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cjay said:

Concerned about the "Bielsa burnout" but people said the same about Cardiff and Wolves "it wont last" .

But of luck like wolves had last season, not losing key players for long like Coady, Neves, Jota, Boly, Douglas, Doherty if we dont lose Klich, Saiz, Jansson, Alioski, Douglas, Ayling etc then who knows.

Bielisa is more like Guardiola (no coincidence). he pushes and pushes, if you stop improving you are dropped, end of story. Neither of them care if a player is tired, if they are its just as sign they are not fit or good enough for their teams. I wish Bruce was more demanding to be honest.

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Bielisa is more like Guardiola (no coincidence). he pushes and pushes, if you stop improving you are dropped, end of story. Neither of them care if a player is tired, if they are its just as sign they are not fit or good enough for their teams. I wish Bruce was more demanding to be honest.

He said the score was harsh on Derby and wasnt entirely happy with the Stoke performance.

Fans were delighted and dont think the score was harsh at all.

But thats his mentality as you say, always wants more, better, perfection. 

The past two seasons we've been on 7 points after 7 games. This season we already have 6 points after 2 games. The football hasn't been too convincing but at least it looks like we'll be putting pressure on the table from the start.

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

The past two seasons we've been on 7 points after 7 games. This season we already have 6 points after 2 games. The football hasn't been too convincing but at least it looks like we'll be putting pressure on the table from the start.

To be fair we could still end up with 7 points after 7 games :P

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If we won the next one (which, given Ipswich are pretty toilet, should be the expectation) we would be 10% of the way to the target after three games. 

DifferentTenseHoopoe-max-1mb.gif

I like the way your brain works there Hanoi :thumb:

Was it @Hornso with the graphs last year?

Ahead of the curve baby!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LondonLax said:

To be fair we could still end up with 7 points after 7 games :P

I think in Lambert's last season we were 10 points after 4 games. It was looking pretty good........