18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Win tomorrow and we are back level points with the leaders going into Reading at home on Saturday.

As we know at this stage of the season it's all about keeping the pace, and trying to maintain the magic 2 points per game which we are currently on course for.

Encouraging to see Leeds wobble tonight, a Wolves team last season would have won that, as would have Newcastle the season before.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, holteend1982 said:

We sign bolasie, targett and a competent cb I think we go up but we need those signings especially the cb. 

I agree.  Targett bolaise and Abraham and I think we can finish two three with them. Can't see it though

On 21/08/2018 at 02:28, Keyblade said:

I remember drawing with both Boro and Hull at home last season. Though we did beat them all away. So still, 4 wins and 2 draws not so bad.

Actually scratch that, we drew with Hull in both games. I also can't remember any of the games with Sunderland but they were so bad I'm just going to assume we won both.

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Actually scratch that, we drew with Hull in both games. I also can't remember any of the games with Sunderland but they were so bad I'm just going to assume we won both.

Yes we did, 2-1 at VP I think, as I haven’t seen it while in plane. The other one was 3-0 at their place.

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Brilliant lol.

Thanks for the comprehensive info ??

On 05/08/2018 at 09:21, sidcow said:

Their players will be overrated because they were Premier league last year.  They got relegated because they are crap. 

Teams who are relegated rarely go straight back up. 

On 04/08/2018 at 21:54, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’ve just had a look at the Stoke Squad. If the squad stays as is then on paper they should walk this league. They got a manager that knows the league too. 

I think they will do a Wolves. 

Like I was saying

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. What about Albion though? 

Yeah. I probably just got lucky. They are a worry.  Still early days though. If things go against them I'm sure the losing mentality will keep in with a healthy dose of panic. 

We were good going forward last night but what the hell are teams going to do against el ghazi, bolasie, on form kodjia, on form grealish, on form McGinn, and with green and Adomah on the bench? That is one sweet attack. 

8 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Must. Sign. A. Defence

We need a new goalkeeper and 2 new defenders if we are to have any hope at all of competing for an automatic spot. 

If we don't bring any defenders in at all then I fail to see how we can get into the play offs as we are so, so poor at the back that the pressure on our attackers is far too much.

Need to win now, it was really important we didnt lose yesterday at home. but we have to start finishing teams off. the defence is a mess, i think had we still had terry we would be challenging for the title. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Need to win now, it was really important we didnt lose yesterday at home. but we have to start finishing teams off. the defence is a mess, i think had we still had terry we would be challenging for the title. 

That equaliser was massive!

we're fifth after 4 games with no team having a flawless run of all wins so far. we're most definitely in the mix however early it is. Bolton will drop off and Derby and Stoke are having a slow start. sort out the defense and we're good to go imo. our attacking options are starting to look hella tasty.

• Like 2