18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

13 hours ago, romavillan said:

On for 107 points if we keep up the current form, unbeaten the whole season, 2 wins and a draw every 3 games. 

Simples.

Cancel 14 points to make them 2 wins and 1 loss we’ll be on the 94 points which still sounds good. ?

• Confused 1

On 18/08/2018 at 20:57, abdulaziz1 said:

Stoke drew with Preston. A good result as Stoke could turn out as a threat, therefore them losing points is always good.

If we sort ourselves out in the window, while getting points and our opponents somehow lose him, we would have a chance if we turn it around like last season.

If we can go to January while being around the top 2 we could somehow improve ourselves by then (we could sell couple of players so we can spend). We can sell Adomah, Lansbury, Thor or Whelan. Which could give us a space of 7-10m. 

But not to gamble again if we’re a bit far.

Would fear Preston more than Stoke this season

I think, whilst still not perfect, it is better to look at like for like points rather than points at this stage. It's a more realistic view of where we are as it doesn't mean an easier run paints an overly rosy view of where we stand. For this to work I use Championship 1st for PL 18th etc (best promoted = best relegated) and same for League 1.

So comparison of seasons (this season first);

Hull Away (3-1) vs (1-1) = up 2 points

*Wigan Home (3-2) vs *Barnsley (3-1) = same

Ipswich Away (1-1) vs (4-0) = down 2 points

So we're doing exactly the same as last season so far. Brentford home was a scoreless draw last year. It's going to be a very hard season I think... Three games, and we've played pretty awfully in all of them.

I think boro are the team to bwat even ahead of leeds. They ahve a very god squad and say what you will about pulis the guy delivers.

Derby are doing worse than I thought they would as are stoke. But i think stoke will be up there despite the slow start.

We really if have any aspirations of going up have to be in the mix bwfore xmas. Our run over xmas is horrific. They honestly could not have given us a harder fixture list. 

4 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

Useless fact, but my youngest son's band supported Preston and the Ordinary Boys on one of their tours. 

All this is totally unnecessary and I apologise. You should rightly feel proud of your son.  Keep the warm glow with you for life man. 

My best claim to musical fame is my brothers band once used the same changing room as David Bowie like 8 weeks later. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

All this is totally unnecessary and I apologise. You should rightly feel proud of your son.  Keep the warm glow with you for life man. 

My best claim to musical fame is my brothers band once used the same changing room as David Bowie like 8 weeks later. 

That's where he made his outfit ch ch ch changes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/08/2018 at 13:56, villa82 said:

Last seaon we won all the six games against the relegated clubs.

I remember drawing with both Boro and Hull at home last season. Though we did beat them all away. So still, 4 wins and 2 draws not so bad.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Leeds looking really poor at Swansea so far. If nothing else it just goes to show how hard real consistency is in this league. 

Its good to know that it happens to everyone down here!

Nice to see my man Potter is off to an OK start with Swansea even thou his squad was dismembered during the summer and he was given nothing to rebuild with.

Hope they do well, obviously not too well.