18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

We are playing awfully in general and have two wins, so I'm delighted but worried.

We have scored 6 goals, 4 from defenders, 1 from a guy playing as a Defensive midfielder and an OG. If we really have hopes of a promotion push (automatic or otherwise) we need a striker. We're not going to get where we want to be without a more potent forward line. We're a threat at set pieces but pretty toothless from open play, it's a big concern.

It's going to be another eventful season.

It seems to me we can score goals which is great to see but defensively we look all over the place this year. We need another cb in my opinion. 

As for rivals stoke Swansea forest boro derby and of cohrsw leeds.

Leeds look good but if results dont go his way biesla will start falling out with players. It will also be difficult to play like that all season. When they start playing 2 games a week injuries kick and tiredness. Remains to be seen if there is a plan b with him

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It seems to me we can score goals which is great to see but defensively we look all over the place this year. We need another cb in my opinion. 

As for rivals stoke Swansea forest boro derby and of cohrsw leeds.

Leeds look good but if results dont go his way biesla will start falling out with players. It will also be difficult to play like that all season. When they start playing 2 games a week injuries kick and tiredness. Remains to be seen if there is a plan b with him

Stoke have started slowly, and Derby got lucky on the opening day and got smashed today. Can’t see either of them mounting much of a challenge IMO. 

If you want an automatic spot I think you have to aim for 2 points per game.

Last season the slow start killed us and we were always playing catch-up on that 2ppg.

Despite generally not looking fantastic to the eye(which I'll add bar a handful of games we were similar last year) we now have the luxury of being able to drop points and still be above that 2ppg.

Start of the season is all about the points, hopefully as the new guys settle in and the squad is more settled we'll be a bit better to watch.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

They are really good but will eventually burn out throughout the season as they can’t play like this throughout all of it. 

Spent all last season listening to people saying that about Cardiff. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1