18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Lok out for the Villa juggernaut !

As long as the Villa engine doesn’t break down...

Great to get a win in a scrappy game away from home.

Total dog of a performance though, just like watching last season. Unsustainable. Hopefully new signings will see us play some good stuff.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Great to get a win in a scrappy game away from home.

Total dog of a performance though, just like watching last season. Unsustainable. Hopefully new signings will see us play some good stuff.

Except - once we got going last season ( ie Game 8..) we DID sustain it. We averaged almost 2 points per game.

Enjoyed last night, the Juggernaut is up and running. We aren’t going to win any beauty contests, but frankly, I couldn’t care less !

• Like 2

Woohooo.  We are second in the table.  This must be our lowest point from this point in.

And everyone just pray that Leeds don't change their name to Aardvark United.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, terrytini said:

Except - once we got going last season ( ie Game 8..) we DID sustain it. We averaged almost 2 points per game.

Enjoyed last night, the Juggernaut is up and running. We aren’t going to win any beauty contests, but frankly, I couldn’t care less !

We won't win many matches playing like that in my opinion.

On 06/08/2018 at 09:27, One For The Road said:

Last season we had Snodgrass creating chances and scoring the odd goal as well as Adomah on a ridiculously good run for the 1st half of the season. Add to that the solid defence that allowed the likes of Hourihane, Bikir and even Jedinak to push foward a little more to support the attack and you can see how we scored so many goals. Then throw in Grabban and it all makes sense why finished so strongly.

We have none of the above this season (apart from Albert who was dreadful at the back end of the season) so will find goals harder to come by. We are desperate for a striker who is proven at this level and all the signs are that we are struggling to find one with our pretty non existent budget. 

Kodjia may be one of the greediest players in the league, but he can score goals. We will be heavily reliant on him this year.

Top 6 this season will be a massive ask.

I agree - and with another no show from Kod - I think a season long swap with Newcastle for Gayle  would have been a good bit of business - surely if Rafa see something in Rondon, he would also see something in Kod ? One that got away for me 

Middlesbrough are a big threat I think. They came back at Millwall from 2-0 and won against Sheff U.

There form was great at the end of last season too. I just hope we could just build up confidence and continue winning.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why have some teams had games tonight? 

They are playing at the weekend too so have games in  hand? 

Not sure really. There is a round of games on 21/2 August where the clubs who played tonight don’t have matches so it gets evened out then.

Edited by briny_ear

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why have some teams had games tonight? 

They are playing at the weekend too so have games in  hand? 

I believe the Police wanted the Forest game moved as it clashes with the test match at Trent Bridge in a couple of weeks.

The 'Boro game was because of TV games coming up I think. Friday nighter against W.Brom on the 24th.