18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

11 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Then we gave gabby a new 4 year deal and it just went tits from there! 

Sounds like a ridiculous excuse now but, Senderos got injured and it just went tits up from there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

Sounds like a ridiculous excuse now but, Senderos got injured and it just went tits up from there!

Yup Senderos and Vlaar looked rock solid in pre-season and in the 1st 4 games. Then he went and got injured training with Switzerland.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Yup Senderos and Vlaar looked rock solid in pre-season and in the 1st 4 games. Then he went and got injured training with Switzerland.

I think they played him injured too. 

Also we're forgetting by rights we should have gone down the season before. We stayed up by a couple but got 12 very unlikely points by beating Arsenal, Liverpool and high flying Southampton away, and Chelsea at home. Normally you'd be looking at 1-2 point return from that. 

• Like 1

So sky havw again decided to show all away games on sky for us. It's like they like to see us try and lose.

We were away to Bolton, Yeovil,  they have also chosen Blackburn, Norwich and now bristol city away on sky.

With only brentford at home. It really pisses me off that they don't show games at villa park when they atmsophere at a rammed villa park should be on show for other clubs to see.

The statistics for last two years have been ridiculous its like they want us to lose being away all the time.

So biased.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So sky havw again decided to show all away games on sky for us. It's like they like to see us try and lose.

We were away to Bolton, Yeovil,  they have also chosen Blackburn, Norwich and now bristol city away on sky.

With only brentford at home. It really pisses me off that they don't show games at villa park when they atmsophere at a rammed villa park should be on show for other clubs to see.

The statistics for last two years have been ridiculous its like they want us to lose being away all the time.

So biased.

You always get so hung up on what games Sky show, there isn't a conspiracy and it has no bearing on the result.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Personally, I see that as five ‘on Sky’ wins... 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mole86 said:

You always get so hung up on what games Sky show, there isn't a conspiracy and it has no bearing on the result.

It pisses me off as it's been a on going trend for three years now. Look at the facts and you see the difference and you tell me there isn't a agenda that sky enjoy seeing us losing.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So biased.

Actually this works out well for me. Now AVTV is no longer fit for purpose it means I can pay game by game for other clubs excellent iFollow service to watch games at Villa park :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

It’s probably more linked to viewing figures, and they know that more Villa fans will tune in for away games who can’t travel or get tickets. Probably the best supported club in the Championship, so will naturally be on TV more. 

We are that bigger a club we will go to home games and still get good tv viewings. They don't seem to do the same with Leeds and other bigger clubs.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

It pisses me off as it's been a on going trend for three years now. Look at the facts and you see the difference and you tell me there isn't a agenda that sky enjoy seeing us losing.

Literally have no idea what you are talking about. Sky enjoy showing us because they get better viewing figures, I really wouldn’t get worked up about it

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 00:44, Hornso said:

Senderos sounds like a Doctor Who villain. 

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

As everyone has said its because they will get the best viewing figures BUT I also think they see us in the cups as a good bet for a good giant killing story (and they are right to) which the tellybox always likes. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mole86 said:

Literally have no idea what you are talking about. Sky enjoy showing us because they get better viewing figures, I really wouldn’t get worked up about it

You have no idea what I'm talking about ? I think the post sums it quite clearly what i am talking about. Strange post.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You have no idea what I'm talking about ? I think the post sums it quite clearly what i am talking about. Strange post.

The strange thing is claiming Sky have an agenda and enjoy us losing. Is that the whole of Sky, just a specific department or is it Scott Minto that has that particular agenda perhaps?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, mole86 said:

The strange thing is claiming Sky have an agenda and enjoy us losing. Is that the whole of Sky, just a specific department or is it Scott Minto that has that particular agenda perhaps?

They probably just feel sorry for Lee Hendrie, so choose Villa games to keep him in work. 

• Haha 1