New Manager Speculation

maqroll

10 hours ago, MrDuck said:

We didn't pull away to safety until he'd taken a step back and McAllister had taken the reins. I think Houllier just tried to change way too much way too quickly, we simply didn't have the players to do what he wanted to do.

Off tangent to the thread  but how we got 9th that season is a mystery. I think we gained over 15 points less than the year before and dropped only 3 places. However words like paper and crack spring to mind, and literally it has been downhill ever since.

Yes Houllier could have become a decent Dof with a young coach- however Lerner just gave up and hired Mcleish. Baffling.

Looks like Bruce is staying for now at least. I am not sure how to take the news tbh.

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

That is quite frankly, bollo*ks.

MON last season  Villa got 64 points, came 6th for 3 years in a row, and reached Wembley twice.

doesnt mean the football wasnt shit. we only scored 52 goals in the league. 07/08 we were much more fun to watch and scored 71 goals

• Like 1

Have to hope 1 of Jokanovic, Wagner, Howe, Warnock, Hughton, Benitez get the sack by Christmas so there's a decent option open.

Edited by MrSmirch
Forgot Benitez! He’ll be off in no time.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Have to hope 1 of Jokanovic, Wagner, Howe, Warnock, Hughton get the sack by Christmas so there's a decent option open.

Warnock? WARNOCK??? 

Why, I oughta... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Out of respect to our manager we should lock this thread and hide they key until its needed again, the decision has been made, lets unite and get behind the club now

• Like 1

On 25/07/2018 at 22:17, Junxs said:

Out of respect to our manager we should lock this thread and hide they key until its needed again, the decision has been made, lets unite and get behind the club now

After a week they gave him a hour chat. Seems to me like "carry on for now" 

Don't think he will be with us very longer

On 25/07/2018 at 22:17, Junxs said:

Agreed, lock it up for a month