New Manager Speculation

maqroll

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Maybe Henry could get something out of McCormack if he replaced Bruce. ?

When you say "out of" do you mean something like: 

A, A transfer request?

B, A vintage whiskey?

C, A 'Gate's related excuse for being late?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hmmmm

https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Estero/24-07-2018/aston-villa-accordo-henry-sara-nuovo-allenatore-280869417620.shtml?refresh_ce-cp

Gazzetta reports it as a done deal, article from an hour ago.

"Aston Villa, accordo con Henry: sarà il nuovo allenatore

Dopo l'esperienza come assistente di Martinez al Belgio, l'ex attaccante dell'Arsenal comincia la carriera di tecnico: accordo con il club che milita nella Championship, la Serie B inglese"

"Aston Villa, terms agreed with Henry: he will be the new manager

After the experience as Martinez's assistant with Belgium, the ex Arsenal attacker starts his managerial career: agreement reached with the club playing in the Championship, England's Serie B"

• Like 1

That article goes on to say that his job with Belgium was preparing the attacking phase of play and that the club can't announce until they have finalised the terms of Bruce's departure.

Might be what the Bruce meeting is about then.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

If this is true then hopefully they are meeting Bruce today and get it all resolved ASAP.  

Although its a friendly there is a match tonight so I don't think his meeting will be today

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a horrible feeling thia could end up like the rowett blose sacking.

I'd say keep bruce see how he does. I think he will suprise people 

Different situation for me. Rowett was literally working off scraps and had them competing at top end. Bruce in my opinion has had above and beyond what he’s needed and underachieved. I personally don’t think we can improve under him, and I don’t think he can adapt to what the new owners might want in terms of playing style . However having said that he has stabalised us and would be the safer pair of hands. Big decision either way 

14 minutes ago, Dick said:

Sherwood is classed as a hero for getting is to and losing an FA Cup Final, so it's no wonder Bruce is a hero for losing in a play off final. Once upon a time we praised managers for their successes, not because they got close to a target and failed. 

Big Ron got close to a league title and failed. That's something to praise.

Gregory had us competing at the top and then had a poor FA cup final, but it's still above and beyond expectations.

Losing a play off final with one of the most expensive squads in the division is NOT a success.

Sorry to nitpick mate but where? Not on VT for sure.

(I like him though)