New Manager Speculation

maqroll

I am still fine with Bruce but I must say as someone who has wanted Bielsa at Villa for years I am just jealous af of Leeds. They have got what I knew we would get under him, great football.  Such  shame we have never had the courage as a club the past few years to look at getting a truly great manager like Bielsa. Instead the names are invariably some British/Irish plodders. Now I love my people , I really do, but we do not produce great managers these days. I do hope when the time comes our new owners think differently.

On 05/08/2018 at 09:16, TheStagMan said:

Wasnt their "poll" of around 15,000 fans?so some small percentage of our fan base. In your example a majority of a small sample of our fan base thought he could get us promoted. 

I don't want to express an opinion either way on the subject, but if 15,000 villa fans participated in a poll then that would easily be a big enough sample size to be considered representative of the fan base.

I don't know how many villa fans there are in the world, but this table is a bit of a guide to sample sizes

estimate_population_survey_sample.gif

If there are a million Villa fans in the world, then 15,000 is almost enough to give a 99% Confidence level with a 1% margin of error

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't want to express an opinion either way on the subject, but if 15,000 villa fans participated in a poll then that would easily be a big enough sample size to be considered representative of the fan base.

I don't know how many villa fans there are in the world, but this table is a bit of a guide to sample sizes

estimate_population_survey_sample.gif

If there are a million Villa fans in the world, then 15,000 is almost enough to give a 99% Confidence level with a 1% margin of error

How many who participated in the poll in the Birmingham Mail were verified Villa fans?

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

How many who participated in the poll in the Birmingham Mail were verified Villa fans?

I have absolutely no idea, and don't particularly care either way.

I was merely commenting on the sample size.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I have absolutely no idea, and don't particularly care either way.

I was merely commenting on the sample size.

OK, you have convinced me. I am in the minority. 

That just means the majority are wrong and I must continue my mission to convince them ?

There is a lot of talk that Rafa Benitez is very unhappy at Newcastle. Ashley trying to sell the club and the manager and players are being left in limbo. Players haven't been paid their bonuses and have refused to do any media work until they are paid. 

I'd love to see Rafa at Villa at some stage, a fantastic manager that has experience in the Championship and supposed to be a great man manager. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman22 said:

I'd love to see Rafa at Villa at some stage, a fantastic manager that has experience in the Championship and supposed to be a great man manager. 

His man management is dreadful. Didnt tell Alonso he wasnt wanted. Never praises players individually which frustrated Gerrard

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I find this whole Rafa obsession a little weird. He is a good manager but is still at a PL club and if we were able to get someone with his reputation and salary then there are plenty of others who we could get who might be more exciting.

Just because he's been at Newcastle for a while I think. And he ended up down here with them, so he sort of seems attainable. He's not, but it's not like saying hope we can get Pochettino or Pepe or something.

17 hours ago, bobzy said:

You're wrong.

"Should Steve Bruce stay or go? Here's what Aston Villa fans are saying

More than 15,000 people voted in our poll"

(Link:  https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-manager-aston-villa-14762138)

You do realize that if the majority is always right, Trump is the best person to lead the US.  ?

and at one point the world was flat?  And Adolf was the best leader for Germany?  

Edited by srsmithusa

• 2 weeks later...

I would be tempted to put a bet on Brendan Rogers being next manager, unhappy at Celtic, would want an ambitious club, has worked championship before. Bruce has overseen our best start to a season since the 60’s but who wouldn’t be up for such a swap? 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I would be tempted to put a bet on Brendan Rogers being next manager, unhappy at Celtic, would want an ambitious club, has worked championship before. Bruce has overseen our best start to a season since the 60’s but who wouldn’t be up for such a swap? 

Would be more than happy with Rogers, but he would surely want a Premier League club. Good shout though. 

45 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Agreed.

He ticks all the boxes and rumours of him being our next manager are already starting to grow.  I would be amazed when we are next recruiting no move for Rodgers is made - whether he would come is another matter.

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Agreed.

He ticks all the boxes and rumours of him being our next manager are already starting to grow.  I would be amazed when we are next recruiting no move for Rodgers is made - whether he would come is another matter.

I'm no Bruce outer - but I can't argue with his critics, when we win, we seem to win by individual brilliance and yesterday's game showed that without the individual moments we're not as a whole, a very convincing team - many have made this point for a while. I doubt that is going unnoticed by the owners - hence why I'm 'speculating' (adding this for those who often forget these are speculation threads) they'll be doing their research on other managers, despite the good start.

I've just been reading back over Brendan Roger's recent interviews, and he appears to be reaching the end of his patience with Celtic's owners.

A new project might excite him. Dropping to the Championship when he is clearly a talented coach would need 'selling' to him, but I'm sure Sawiris and Edens could be very persuasive if they decided to pursue him.

Upgrade on Steve Bruce? .... most definitely!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I've just been reading back over Brendan Roger's recent interviews, and he appears to be reaching the end of his patience with Celtic's owners.

A new project might excite him. Dropping to the Championship when he is clearly a talented coach would need 'selling' to him, but I'm sure Sawiris and Edens could be very persuasive if they decided to pursue him.

Upgrade on Steve Bruce? .... most definitely!

He's definitely an upgrade on Bruce.

However, we won't be recruiting for a new manager any time soon, and Rodgers won't be dropping down to the Championship.

If he leaves Celtic at the END of the season, and we've been promoted, then we might be talking.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He's definitely an upgrade on Bruce.

However, we won't be recruiting for a new manager any time soon, and Rodgers won't be dropping down to the Championship.

If he leaves Celtic at the END of the season, and we've been promoted, then we might be talking.

He'd jump at the chance to manage us. He's far from a shoe in for a premier league job given that his "achievements" at Celtic amount to zero (IMO). A blind donkey could win the league/cup/league cup with them. There is no competition. 

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

He'd jump at the chance to manage us. He's far from a shoe in for a premier league job given that his "achievements" at Celtic amount to zero (IMO). A blind donkey could win the league/cup/league cup with them. There is no competition. 

I think there's a lot to be said for the new owner's wealth and ambition, getting narked off at Celtic with their penny pinching would put you in a certain frame of mind where Sawiris/Edens seem like good employers. Villa is certainly a big enough club for him too, despite the division - if it's good enough for Bielsa....

• Like 1